proexpert37, Educator
Experience:  UCLA graduate. Advanced degrees in English and Education.

Ok, this is from the educational theory class. I need to know

Ok, this is from the educational theory class. I need to know if the schools today apply the educational theories (Behavirism, Cognitivism, contructivism, ..) even if rhey were old learning theories found by dead Western men? Do we still use thier theories to inform how we teach today? Or we use one more than another? Or we are not using them heavily anymore and what new theories may influence today's class?
Category: Homework
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello...what is the required word length of the assignment? When is the due date? Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no required length as long you answer the question with couple of sentences or a paragraph.
It is due 7:00 a.m. I have posted this question since Sunday but i havn't got answer from another expert. So i posted it again hope u'll be able to help.
In today's educational realm, teachers are bombarded with teaching to the state standards and the ever increasing need to raise test scores. However, it is often important to reflect back to the educational theories of years past that seemed to assist teachers in meeting the needs of the total child. However in today's educational systems, teachers do not even think about learning theories as they are guiding their students along the educational path. Nonetheless, some educational theories are still in place but in a fragmented version although many teachers are not even aware that they are being utilized. The part of constructivism that is used is when the teacher utilizes student's prior knowledge to customize the curriculum as well as hands on problem solving. In the behaviorism theory, teachers use positive and negative reinforcement techniques daily. Additionally, observation learning is utilized as it greatly impacts the curriculum, instruction, and assessments. With regards XXXXX XXXXX theory, Brain based learning theory and cognitivism, most teachers know what the theories are but do not center their teaching around the theories.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there any new theories or recent alternative theories that today's education practice relies on ? Other word, what theories influence today's class.

I like your answer thank you very much but just need to know more about this point

Appreciate your effort
Ok. Give me a second

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.