Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

A general strain theory was proposed by Robert Agnew. In this

Customer Question

A general strain theory was proposed by Robert Agnew. In this theory, he proposed that strain did not arise when people had a failure to meet the American Dream, but that everyone, in every social class, had frustrations in his or her daily life.

Most strain theorists listed failure to achieve goals as a major strain precipitator. Agnew had identified two additional sources of strain: presentation of noxious stimuli and removal of positively valued stimuli. Examples of presentation of noxious stimuli would be an abusive parent, an overly critical instructor, and an overly demanding employer. Examples of the removal of positively valued stimuli would be losing a job, getting a divorce, and filing for bankruptcy.

Create a scenario that would fall under the strain theory.
In the scenario, provide an explanation of each of the following:
The loss of the major goal
The presentation of the noxious stimuli
The removal of the positively valued stimuli
When you have these 3 inputs of strain in your scenario, address the following:
How would the person in the scenario react with criminal behavior or behavior that would not be acceptable to society? Explain.
How could cognitive restructuring be used to prevent the person from partaking in criminal behavior? Explain.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I am still waiting for an answer

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will add bonus for help with this assignment

Thank you for your reply. Your question is marked high priority and open to all the Experts. We have noted the bonus offered so the Experts are all aware. We'll be in touch again shortly. We appreciate your patience.