Steve
Steve, MBA
Experience:  MBA
26942375

I have a homework question on probability distribution

Customer Question

I have a homework question on probability distribution. I need ASAP

Attachment: 2012-02-26_201644_copy_of_goodyear_chicago.xls

Refer to the Real Estate data, which report information on homes sold in the Goodyear Arizona, area last year.

a. Create a probability distribution for the number of bedrooms. Compute the mean and the standard deviation of this distribution..

b. Create a probability distribution for the number of bathrooms. Compute the mean and standard deviation of this distribution.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

hi there,

do you need the graphs or just the data?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Both would be great.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED OR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS ACCEPT STILL NEEDS TO BE CLICKED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever for my time and effort until the green ACCEPT button is pressed. Thank you.

Even if you are on a subscription plan, you must still "accept" a satisfactory answer.

Please consider a tip/bonus if satisfied with my assistance.

Here is your answer as promised: CLICK HERE and then press "download"

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for doing so.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Steve which functions did you use in excel to get this answer. I need to know how to get to it.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hi again, please do not forget to click "ACCEPT" as this is the only way I am credited for my answer - thanks!

there is a special tool in excel under data analysis, it outputs the tables automatically - it is an add it pack for excel I believe. If you don't have it then you can just count each observation manually or using the COUNTIF function

Then I just made charts and used the average and stdev functions in excel to calculate the mean and stdev.

this is the histogram pack: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214269

or see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5h45EDOm0

or this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html

Please let me know if you have further questions .

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Since this was a discrete probability distribution, I thought other probability functions in excel were to be used.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.