Homework Girl
Homework Girl, Graduate Student
Experience:  10+ years of tutoring, BS in Biology and English, Current Chicago Examiner and Writer

Can you tell me how you would comment/answer the response below

Can you tell me how you would comment/answer the response below by the classmate:

DQ1 my initial statement--
Courtroom testimony is also part of a police officer’s duty. Because officers must answer questions under oath, deception or lying is not allowed. Even though officers never admit to lying under oath, Mitchell (2012) says that officers might lie under oath to protect fellow officers because he/she thinks the courts’ limitation to deal with criminals is substandard or unfair. Moreover, other parts the police officer’s job rely upon deception. Therefore, many officers believe that interrogation, investigation and courtroom testimony not only use two different set of rules but seem to cancel each other out in some ways. While the techniques used by officers secure the evidence needed to apprehend the accused, a different standard applies in the courtroom. This standard make police efforts seem unjust or unreasonable through this lens. Therefore officers lie.

Classmates response:

You brought up some very good points. I completely overlooked interrogation techniques when answering this question. However, no one is above having consequences for their actions, whether these are good or bad. It is important that if an officer has witnessed their fellow officer committing a wrongdoing, such as breaking the law, then they should come forward. Police officers are supposed to set a good example.
Hello, is there a word count for the comment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.