Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1 V-8 __________ is the primary quantitative approach to systematic

1 V-8
__________ is the primary quantitative approach to systematic research in the area of organizational behavior.
A. The scientific method
B. Behavioral analysis
C. The research method
D. Hypothesis generation

2
__________ are written predictions that specify relations between variables.
A. Hypotheses
B. Verifications
C. Objectives
D. Data

3
Which of the following is NOT one of the steps typically used with the scientific method of research?
A. Deciding the research question or problem
B. Creating the research design
C. Determining the research questions
D. Generating the hypothesis

4
According to the job characteristics theory, the degree to which carrying out the activities required by the job provides the worker with clear information about how well he/she is performing is known as:
A. feedback.
B. significance.
C. meaningfulness of work.
D. autonomy.

5
__________ often start(s) as an inductive process in which the researcher observes the world around him, creates patterns from the observations, and arrives at a theory about these patterns.
A. Quantitative analysis
B. Theories
C. Hypotheses
D. Research

6
Researchers are normally not able to gather results from the entire population of a target of study. Therefore, they choose a __________ to research and on which to draw conclusions about the opinions, attitudes, behaviors, or preferences of a larger group.
A. representative sample
B. selective sample
C. typical group
D. data selection

7
__________ is an attempt to explain the behavior of one variable as a result of its relationship to and dependence on another variable.
A. Determination
B. Causation
C. Comparison
D. Dependency
8
A form of intrinsic motivation rooted in the belief that work tasks contribute to some larger purpose is known as:
A. self efficacy.
B. goal commitment.
C. goal setting.
D. psychological empowerment.

9
Interpersonal justice is fostered when authorities adhere to two particular rules:
A. voice and correctability.
B. justification and truthfulness.
C. equity and equality.
D. respect and propriety.

10
True learning only occurs when:
A. employees forget to mimic the behaviors of experts.
B. experts play the role of novices.
C. changes in behavior become relatively permanent.
D. an employee makes the right decision for the first time.

11
Originally known as __________, B.F. Skinner was the first to pioneer the notion that we learn by observing the link between our voluntary behavior and the consequences that follow it.
A. explicit knowledge
B. operant conditioning
C. social identity theory
D. tacit knowledge

12
According to Hofstede's dimensions of cultural values, if a culture values aspects such as caring for others and about quality of life, it would be classified as high on which of the following?
A. Collectivism
B. Uncertainty avoidance
C. Femininity
D. Power distance

13
Which of the following elements of organizational structure is also referred to as a company's division of labor?
A. Chain of command
B. Formalization
C. Centralization
D. Work specialization

14
Organic organizations are typified by a structure that relies on which of the following?
A. High levels of formalization
B. A rigid and hierarchical chain of command
C. High degree of work specialization
D. Wide spans of control

15
__________ diversity refers to diversity regarding observable attributes such as race, ethnicity, sex, and age.
A. Disjunctive
B. Similarity-attraction
C. Surface-level
D. Conjunctive

16
Which of the following occurs when members have to wait on one another before they can do their part of the team task?
A. Social loafing
B. Production blocking
C. The bystander effect
D. Social facilitation

17
In which style of decision making does the leader play no role in deliberations unless asked?
A. Consultative
B. Autocratic
C. Delegative
D. Facilitative

18
Employees who are forced to participate in surveys and research observations are likely to create __________ through failure to disclose or purposeful sabotage.
A. personal biases
B. incorrect representations
C. skewed data
D. false results

19

Which of these involve making sure a potential employee has an accurate picture of what working for an organization is going to be like by providing both the positive and the negative aspects of the job?
A. ASAs
B. Reality shock
C. Espoused values
D. RJPs

20

__________ is the degree to which an individual's personality and values match the culture of an organization.
A. ASA framework
B. Person-organization fit
C. Socialization
D. Mentoring
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)