Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points The purpose of which of the following

Question 1 of 20
5.0 Points
The purpose of which of the following teams is to provide recommendations and resolve issues?
A. Work
B. Management
C. Parallel
D. Action Reset Selection

Question 2 of 20
5.0 Points
__________ teams have life spans that vary in duration, and perform tasks that take place in highly visible or challenging circumstances
A. Parallel
B. Project
C. Management
D. Action Reset Selection

Question 3 of 20
5.0 Points
In the team at Globus International, members are orienting themselves by trying to understand their boundaries and get a feel for what is expected of them. This team can be described at which stage of team development?
A. Storming
B. Warming
C. Norming
D. Forming Reset Selection
Question 4 of 20
5.0 Points
The type of task interdependence with the lowest degree of required coordination is __________ interdependence.
A. comprehensive
B. sequential
C. pooled
D. reciprocal Reset Selection

Question 5 of 20
5.0 Points
The highest level of interaction and coordination among members is required in __________ interdependence.
A. comprehensive
B. sequential
C. pooled
D. reciprocal Reset Selection

Question 6 of 20
5.0 Points
A high degree of __________ interdependence exists when team members share in the rewards that the team earns.
A. task
B. goal
C. sequential
D. outcome Reset Selection

Question 7 of 20
5.0 Points
Bianca has found herself playing the role of an energizer who motivates her team members to work harder toward the team goals. This is an example of which of the following roles?
A. Team task
B. Team building
C. Team composition
D. Individualistic Reset Selection

Question 8 of 20
5.0 Points
Which of the following is a team task role?
A. Aggressor
B. Energizer
C. Harmonizer
D. Dominator Reset Selection

Question 9 of 20
5.0 Points
A theory that has been used widely to explain why diversity may have negative effects is called the __________ approach.
A. disjunctive
B. similarity-attraction
C. surface-level
D. conjunctive Reset Selection

Question 10 of 20
5.0 Points
Differences in attitudes, values, and personality are good examples of which type of diversity?
A. Deep-level
B. Similarity-attraction
C. Surface-level
D. Conjunctive Reset Selection

Question 11 of 20
5.0 Points
Coercive power operates primarily on the principle of:
A. fear.
B. anxiety.
C. respect.
D. reciprocity. Reset Selection

Question 12 of 20
5.0 Points
Which of the following focuses solely on the benefit to the target as opposed to simple logic or benefits to the group or organization?
A. Ingratiation
B. Apprising
C. Exchange
D. Consultation Reset Selection

Question 13 of 20
5.0 Points
The degree to which the leader's actions result in the achievement of the unit's goals, the continued commitment of the unit's employees, and the development of mutual trust, respect, and obligation with followers refers to:
A. outgroup readiness.
B. leader effectiveness.
C. ingroup readiness.
D. life cycle theory of leadership. Reset Selection

Question 14 of 20
5.0 Points
With a(n) __________ decision making style, the leader gives an individual employee or a group of employees the responsibility for making the decision within some set of specified boundary conditions.
A. consultative
B. autocratic
C. delegative
D. facilitative Reset Selection

Question 15 of 20
5.0 Points
Which of the following reflects the extent to which the leader defines and structures the roles of employees in pursuit of goal attainment?
A. Initiating structure
B. Selling style
C. Consideration structure
D. Delegating structure Reset Selection

Question 16 of 20
5.0 Points
Setting goals and providing incentives for the effort and productivity of employees describe which of the following initiating structure behaviors?
A. Initiation
B. Production
C. Recognition
D. Organization Reset Selection

Question 17 of 20
5.0 Points
Encouraging a pleasant atmosphere, reducing conflict, and promoting individual adjustment to the group describe which of the following consideration behaviors?
A. Integration
B. Representation
C. Recognition
D. Communication Reset Selection

Question 18 of 20
5.0 Points
Which of the following styles represents avoidance of leadership altogether?
A. Passive management-by-exception
B. Contingent reward transactional
C. Laissez-faire
D. Active management-by-exception Reset Selection

Question 19 of 20
5.0 Points
With __________, the leader arranges to monitor mistakes and errors actively and takes corrective action when required.
A. laissez-faire
B. contingent reward transactional
C. passive management-by-exception
D. active management-by-exception Reset Selection

Question 20 of 20
5.0 Points
Which of the following is synonymous with charisma?
A. Laissez-faire
B. Inspirational motivation
C. Idealized influence
D. Intellectual stimulation
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)