Hello, and thanks for the question.
Here are answers for comparison with your own. Let me know if you have questions.
1. B. does not adhere to the marketing concept.
2. D. attentiveness to all of the above.
3. A. includes all the activities that lead to the development of a clear organizational mission, organizational objectives, and appropriate strategies to achieve those objectives.
4. C. its failure to modify its strategy to reflect the changing environment.
5. C. drifting organization.
6. D. It is not uncommon for an organization to spend one to two years developing a useful mission statement.
7. D. evaluate its marketing plan
8. B. Nunez needs some primary marketing research before she invests her money and time in this project.
9. D. Good marketing research considers all the factors that could influence the success of a marketing strategy.
10. A. is in the first stage of the market research process.
11. A. preparation of the research.
12. C. the specific question or questions the research is designed to investigate.
13. B. is influenced by whether primary or secondary data are to be gathered.
14. A. quantitative primary data.
15. B. buy what is popular.
16. D. None of the above statements about culture is true.
17. A. subcultures.
18. A. The fashion editor of Seventeen magazine writes that any teen who wants to be well-dressed for the first day of school must wear a shirt that shows her bellybutton.
19. D. What are their occupations?
20. C. The working class is defined as "family folk" who depend heavily on relatives for economic and emotional support.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for your help - can you review the folowing PLEASE?
#8 I chose - A
#9 I chose - B
#14 I chose -C
#16 I chose - A
On #8, choice 'B' seems to best apply to the question.
On #9, you are right that 'B' is the best choice (found that one from a previously answered question).
On #14, 'A' seems the correct choice since primary data would refer to the center's own research report.
On #16, 'A' does seem the best answer. Educational influence is increasingly important. but the role of the family is probably still considered key.
I appreciate the help and the follow up reply:
Final outcome - was good!
#7 - we were both wrong answer was A
#8 - we were both wrong answer was D
#14 correct answer was C
#16 - you had that on correct - Answer was D
Have a great weekend and look for me next week - your tutoring is very helpful and really helps boost my confidence .
Thanks for the 'accept'. I'll speak to you soon!
Sure, this is fine. Answers are as follows:
1. B. Organizational buyers
2. B. Marketing intermediaries
3. C. A manufacturer of off-the-road vehicles practices just-in-time inventory and needs to arrange for the purchase of additional electric starters.
4. D. The purchasing department at a university makes a buying decision about its long distance telephone service provider.
5. C. A Dallas-based hotel chain with 120 hotels and resorts spends $1.6 million to protect itself from computer viruses.
6. A. There is a greater emphasis on personal selling to organizational buyers than to final consumers.
7. A. autonomous
8. B. to build long-term relationship with organizations.
9. C. innovative, adaptive, and lethargic firms.
10. D. Vendor analysis
11. A. a priori
12. C. The logic of market segmentation is quite simple and is based on the idea that a single product item can seldom meet the needs and wants of all consumers. 13. D. operational concepts.
14. A. post hoc segmentation
15. C. SWOT analysis.
16. A. Benefit segmenting and psychographic segmentation
17. C. consumer perceptions.
18. D. Consumer lifestyles
19. D. Primary motivations
20. B. Specific households in a market by focusing on local neighborhood geography to create classifications of actual, addressable, mapable neighborhoods where people live and shop
On #4 a modified rebuy is a routine purchase with some change. I chose answer A - since this is the 15th house buying shingles would seem routine? Buying long distance does not seem like a routine purchase
What do you think? Am I thinking too much into it?
I based this answer on the definition of a modified rebuy as a service or product that has been previously purchased, but the specifications and/or the supplier change. I assumed that the shingle purchase would involve the same supplier and same product. The university is changing something (the supplier) concerning a service they have previously been using.
Hope you can help - please let me know:
Yes, I can help with these questions. I'll post the answers shortly!
Answers for comparison with your own are as follows:
1. D.The service sector in the U.S. produces a balance-of-trade surplus annually.
2. A. Your motel stay
3. C. A transcontinental airplane trip
4. B. provide tangible evidence of her ability to perform the service required.
5. C. intangible.
6. C. perishable
7. B. the physical evidence of the services.
8. B. is a strategy used to deal with fluctuating demand for services.
9. D. the customer owns a good, but owns the memory of a service.
10. C. Quality control activities for both services and products compare expectations to experience.
11. D. To preempt competitors' global moves
12. C. To avoid being locked out of markets by arriving too late
13. A. To increase long-term growth and profit prospects
14. B. To increase its long-term growth and profit prospects
15. A. Cultural misunderstanding
16. D. All of the above
17. D. nations that are experiencing balance-of-payment problems.
18. A. Multidomestic
19. C. global
20. D. Multidomestic companies pursue different strategies in each of their foreign markets; globalized companies use the same strategy regardless of boundaries.
I'll post the answers shortly.
Answers are as follows:
1. It is used primarily by internal users.
2. advertising costs.
3. To assist in the preparation of the income statement
4. An oil refinery
5. how resources are consumed by each activity.
6. Variable cost
7. Participative budgeting
8. Determining actual costs
9. ignore long-term pricing strategies in favor of short-term profits.
10. costs of nonconformance.
Hope I did that correct - that is amazing!
1. d. customer
2. d. all of the above
3. b. market segmentation variable
4. d. straight rebuy
5. c. end use and degree of processing
6. c. strives to create brand messages with strategic consistency
7. a. marketing
8. c. bundle
9. c. performance of services
10. b. self-sufficiency
Last set of Questions - Thanks in advance for your help!
On the first set of 10 questions that you uploaded, questions #3, #6, and #9 got cut off at the top of the pages. You might try to upload these pages again or type those questions out in the reply box. Also, what is the text used for these questions.
3. Using profit as the sole guide for corporate action can lead to short term profits but:
a. increased corporate social responsibility options.
b. long-term loss of customers.
c. more complicated measurement challenges.
d. increades tat liabilities.
6.Between concept testing and market testing, a firm should engage in which stage of the product development process?
a. product development
b. marketing research
d.determining potential ROI
9. The three elements in any IMC strategy are the consumenr, the channels, and the
a. direct marketing feedback.
b. the Web-tract software.
c. the results.
d. event sponsorship.
Marketing: Grewal & Levy - 2nd edition
Organizational Behavior - Kinicki & Kreitner 3rd edition