DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, MSOM, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

U.S. workers report mounting pressure to violate corporate

Customer Question

U.S. workers report mounting pressure to violate corporate policies, according to a survey by the nonprofit Ethics Resource Center that also showed retaliation against whistle-blowers reached a record level.

Demands on employees to ignore company policies, or even break the law, are approaching the highest level since 2000, just before corporate scandals led to laws combating violations, according to a report released today by the Arlington, Virginia- based group.

The percentage of employees who perceived pressure to break rules rose to 13 percent, from 8 percent in 2009, and 93 percent of those workers said they saw misconduct. Retaliation was more far-reaching than in 2009, according to the group.

“The co-existence of widespread retaliation and pressure with historically low misconduct and high reporting is unlike any previous pattern,” according to the report. “The economy and the unique experiences of those using social networking at work” led to differences in 2011 workplace ethics trends.

The National Business Ethics Survey shows historically low levels of misconduct in the U.S. workplace. The percentage of employees who said they saw bad behavior at work fell to an all- time low 45 percent from 49 percent in 2009 and 55 percent in 2007, the highest, according to the survey.

Retaliation Rises

Retaliation against whistle-blowers rose. More than one in five employees, or 22 percent, who reported misconduct said they experienced some form of retaliation, down from 12 percent in 2007 and 15 percent in 2009. Workplace retaliation included being “given a cold shoulder by other employees,” verbal abuse by a supervisor or being denied a raise or a promotion.

A record 65 percent reported bad workplace behavior, a record, up from 63 percent two years earlier and 12 percentage points higher than the 53 percent in 2005.

The report showed that about one third, or 34 percent, of all employees say management now watches them more closely, and more than four in 10 employees say their company has increased efforts to raise awareness about ethics.

How does this apply to the generalization, utilitarian and virtues test dealing with business ethics and rational choice?
Category: Homework
Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 5 years ago.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hi!

DXJAnswerMagic :

Is there a word or source requirement for this?

DXJAnswerMagic :

Is this a discussion question?

DXJAnswerMagic :

When do you need this?

Customer:

This is a case study. As soon as possible if you could.

Customer:

This is a discussion question.

Customer:

Are you able to assist me with this?

DXJAnswerMagic :

Is there a particular textbook for this?

DXJAnswerMagic :

Yes, as a discussion questions I can help. Is there a word count?

DXJAnswerMagic :

OK, will get this to you shortly!..........

DXJAnswerMagic :

Appreciating your patience.............

DXJAnswerMagic :

Your answers are here

DXJAnswerMagic :

They shoudl open in a new window.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hope this helps! DXJ

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you able to assist me with any other case studies that I have posted?
I can take a look............ Thanks, DXJ