DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

Inside Information? Mr. Martin was, until recently, head of

Customer Question

Inside Information? Mr. Martin was, until recently, head of investor relations at Verband, a Fortune 500 company. He had risen steadily through company ranks, due to his infallible judgment and ability to tell the company story in a most marvelous way. This was not an easy task, as Verband had a habit of covering up its blunders. The company had major discrepancies in its accounts and, in particular, lied to stockholders over the years about the lack of progress in its overseas operations. However, Martin was adept at putting the company in the best light while diverting attention from any discrepancies. The private banking division at EuroBank, however, had been scrutinizing Verband carefully on behalf of its clients. The research team contacted Martin numerous times with penetrating questions, which he always skillfully deflected. The research time was so impressed that they recommended that EuroBank try to hire Martin. Due to a very generous offer and rumors that Verband was looking for a buyer, Martin transferred to EuroBank. He quickly became as successful as he had been at Verbank. On one occasion, the head of private banking offered a wealthy client with large holdings in Verband a presentation by a former Verband insider, who of course was Martin. Martin prepared the presentation carefully so as to use data only in the public domain to reveal the serious discrepancies in Verband’s statements. Revelation of anything more would have violated his contractual confidentiality obligations to Verband. The difference between Martin and any other analyst is that, as a former insider, he knew exactly where to look for the discrepancies. Following the presentation and a series of follow-up meetings with Verband management, the client sold his large holdings, causing the share price to plummet. Verband was subsequently taken over at a much reduced price. Martin and his colleagues at EuroBank are convinced that his presentation to the client was entirely proper. After all, Martin’s judgment is infallible. How does this apply to business ethics the generalization, utilitarian and virtues test of rational choice?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting on an answer for this question. Thank you.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 2 years ago.

HI!

How long should this answer be? Is there a word count? Thanks, DXJ

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students