Sandhya
Sandhya, Tutor
Experience:  I have several years of teaching experience.
14910578

Hey Sandhya, I have some more multiple choice questions for

Hey Sandhya, I have some more multiple choice questions for you.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Sandhya replied 2 years ago.

How many questions do you have?

Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
30! We do not need to do them tonight if you will not be on much longer.
Expert:  Sandhya replied 2 years ago.
Okay, Please post 10-10 questions in three different posts.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have started and we only have 1 hour and 30 min to complete them. Here is the first 10!

Question: After creating a message strategy statement, the advertiser must develop a compelling ________ that will bring the message strategy to life in a distinctive and memorable way.

A.Execution style
B.Media vehicle
C.Creative concept
D.Customer strategy
E.Customer benefit

Question: For most companies, the first step in conducting online marketing is to ________.

A.Place promotions online
B.Send emails
C.Create a web community
D.Develop search-related ads
E.Create a website

Question: Stahl, Inc., has 1,000 Type-A accounts, each requiring 28 calls per year, and 2,200 Type-B accounts, each requiring 15 calls per year. If each salesperson at Stahl, Inc., can make 1,500 sales calls per year, approximately how many salespeople will be needed?

A.31
B.35
C.41
D.45
E.48

Question: Which of the following are the three characteristics an advertising appeal should have?

A.Trendy, compelling, and appealing
B.Humorous, memorable, and interesting
C.Meaningful, believable, and distinctive
D.Engaging, informative, and stylish
E.Unique, emotional, and entertaining

Question: When Taco Bell uses a Chihuahua, a small dog, to represent its product, which type of execution style is being used?

A.Fantasy
B.Technical expertise
C.Personality symbol
D.Musical
E.Mood or image

Question: All of the following are forms of direct marketing except ________.

A.Personal selling
B.Public relations
C.Direct-mail marketing
D.Kiosk marketing
E.Telemarketing

Question: Which of the following promotions would be most appropriate for Reliable Tool to use in its attempt to promote its products and generate new business leads?

A.Premiums
B.Specialty advertising items
C.Conventions and trade shows
D.Rebates
E.Point-of purchase promotions

Question: The step of ________ is difficult for some salespeople because they lack confidence, feel guilty about asking for an order, or may not recognize the right time to ask for an order.

A.Following up
B.Handling objections
C.Making a presentation
D.Closing the sale
E.Approaching the prospect

Question: Amazon.com was the first company to use ________, which is technology that sorts through customer purchasing patterns to create personalized site content.

A.Records management
B.Database marketing
C.Collaborative filtering
D.Personalized marketing
E.Customer filtering

Question: Organic Designs is a small, successful chain of stores offering stylish clothes made of all-organic materials for infants, toddlers, and young children. Most of the Organic Designs stores are located in urban areas. Now Organic Designs is considering using direct marketing to reach potential customers who live outside of the company's existing markets, with the goal of creating emotional connections and long-term relationships with a new group of customers. Which of the following methods of direct marketing would most likely be effective in accomplishing this goal?

A.Mobile phone marketing
B.Kiosk marketing
C.Catalog marketing
D.Direct-response television marketing
E.Interactive TV marketing

Expert:  Sandhya replied 2 years ago.

A. Execution style
B. Media vehicle
C. Creative concept
D. Customer strategy
E. Customer benefit

Answer: C. Creative concept

A. Place promotions online
B. Send emails
C. Create a web community
D. Develop search-related ads
E. Create a website

Answer: E. Create a website

A. 31
B. 35
C. 41
D. 45
E. 48

Answer: 41

A. Trendy, compelling, and appealing
B. Humorous, memorable, and interesting
C. Meaningful, believable, and distinctive
D. Engaging, informative, and stylish
E. Unique, emotional, and entertaining

Answer: C. Meaningful, believable, and distinctive

A. Fantasy
B. Technical expertise
C. Personality symbol
D. Musical
E. Mood or image

Answer: C. Personality symbol

A. Personal selling
B. Public relations
C. Direct-mail marketing
D. Kiosk marketing
E. Telemarketing

Answer: B. Public relations

A. Premiums
B. Specialty advertising items
C. Conventions and trade shows
D. Rebates
E. Point-of purchase promotions

Answer: B. Specialty advertising items

A. Following up
B. Handling objections
C. Making a presentation
D. Closing the sale
E. Approaching the prospect

Answer: D. Closing the sale

A. Records management
B. Database marketing
C. Collaborative filtering
D. Personalized marketing
E. Customer filtering

Answer:
C. Collaborative filtering

A. Mobile phone marketing
B. Kiosk marketing
C. Catalog marketing
D. Direct-response television marketing
E. Interactive TV marketing

Answer: A. Mobile phone marketing

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question: By using Priceline.com, potential buyers can bid for airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. It is then up to sellers to decide whether or not to accept an offered bid. This is an example of ________.

A.Multi-channel marketing
B.C2C online marketing
C.C2B online marketing
D.B2B online marketing
E.B2C online marketing

Question: A sales ________ is the standard that establishes the amount each salesperson should sell and how sales should be divided among the company's products.

A.Goal
B.Quota
C.Incentive
D.Contest
E.Task

Question: Which of the following is not a disadvantage of a product sales force structure?

A.Increased customer delivery time
B.Salespeople spending time to see the same customer's purchasing agents
C.Extra selling costs involved with multiple sales visits from separate divisions
D.Overlapping use of resources with big customers
E.B and C

Question: On consumerist.com, people exchange views and obtain information about products. This website is an example of a ________.

A.Contextual advertisement
B.Content sponsorship
C.Web community
D.Content website
E.Marketing website

Question: Of the main consumer promotion tools, which is the most effective for introducing a new product or creating excitement for an existing one?

A.Samples
B.Contests
C.Price packs
D.Cash refunds
E.Coupons

Question: Which of the following is an example of a sales promotion?

A.A listing of all the television programs to be shown by Charter Cable the week of March 16
B.A news release encouraging voters to support a new bond issue for a local elementary school
C.A coupon for $5 off a visit to an amusement park
D.A staged dance routine promoting a new product in a busy public place
E.A plan to increase ice cream sales by adding two new flavors

Question: Which of the following is a primary disadvantage of viral marketing?

A.Viral messages are offensive to many potential customers
B.Marketers have little control over who receives the viral message
C.The brand associated with the viral message is usually forgotten
D.Viral messages are blocked by most search engines
E.The costs of viral marketing are too high for most companies

Question: Developing an effective message strategy begins with identifying ________ that can be used as advertising appeals.

A.Competitors' weaknesses
B.Customer benefits
C.Competitors' strengths
D.Consumer emotions
E.Consumer trends

Question: Which of the following operate only on the Internet?

A.Big box companies
B.Brick-and-mortar companies
C.Web-and-mortar companies
D.Click-only companies
E.Click-and-mortar companies

Question: Most international advertisers develop global ________ for the sake of efficiency, but they adapt their advertising ________ to make them responsive to local market needs and expectations.

A.Programs; strategies
B.Strategies; programs
C.Strategies; objectives
D.Objectives; programs
E.Campaigns; objectives

Expert:  Sandhya replied 2 years ago.

A. Multi-channel marketing
B. C2C online marketing
C. C2B online marketing
D. B2B online marketing
E. B2C online marketing

Answer: C. C2B online marketing

A. Goal
B. Quota
C. Incentive
D. Contest
E. Task

Answer: B. Quota

A. Increased customer delivery time
B. Salespeople spending time to see the same customer's purchasing agents
C. Extra selling costs involved with multiple sales visits from separate divisions
D. Overlapping use of resources with big customers
E. B and C

Answer: A. Increased customer delivery time

A. Contextual advertisement
B. Content sponsorship
C. Web community
D. Content website
E. Marketing website

Answer: C. Web community

A. Samples
B. Contests
C. Price packs
D. Cash refunds
E. Coupons

Answer: A. Samples

A. A listing of all the television programs to be shown by Charter Cable the week of March 16
B. A news release encouraging voters to support a new bond issue for a local elementary school
C. A coupon for $5 off a visit to an amusement park
D. A staged dance routine promoting a new product in a busy public place
E. A plan to increase ice cream sales by adding two new flavors

Answer: C. A coupon for $5 off a visit to an amusement park

A. Viral messages are offensive to many potential customers
B. Marketers have little control over who receives the viral message
C. The brand associated with the viral message is usually forgotten
D. Viral messages are blocked by most search engines
E. The costs of viral marketing are too high for most companies

Answer: C. The brand associated with the viral message is usually forgotten

A. Competitors' weaknesses
B. Customer benefits
C. Competitors' strengths
D. Consumer emotions
E. Consumer trends

Answer: B. Customer benefits

A. Big box companies
B. Brick-and-mortar companies
C. Web-and-mortar companies
D. Click-only companies
E. Click-and-mortar companies

Answer: D. Click-only companies

A. Programs; strategies
B. Strategies; programs
C. Strategies; objectives
D. Objectives; programs
E. Campaigns; objectives

Answer: B. Strategies; programs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question: Your inside sales force is responsible for prospecting and qualifying customers. Which of the following will likely occur?

A.The number of qualified customers will exceed the number of prospects
B.A salesperson may have to approach many qualified customers just to make one sale
C.Your inside sales force will attend meetings with qualified customers
D.The outside sales force will call on all prospects
E.A and C

Question: Office Depot is a click-and-mortar company. Which of the following is least likely to be an advantage that Office Depot has over click-only competitors?

A.By offering online marketing, Office Depot offers customers more options
B.Office Depot has a large, established customer base
C.Office Depot is a known name with greater financial resources
D.Office Depot focuses on large accounts through its online presence and small businesses through its retail stores
E.Customers can find a local store and check its available stock online

Question: The big idea or the creative concept may emerge as a(n) ________, a phrase, or a combination of the two.

A.Visualization
B.Evaluation
C.Differentiation
D.Strategy
E.Appeal

Question: All of the following are common uses for a direct marketing customer database except ________.

A.Building long-term customer relationships
B.Profiling customers based on previous purchases
C.Gathering marketing intelligence about competitors
D.Generating sales leads
E.Identifying prospective customers

Question: The salesperson meets the customer for the first time in the ________ step of the selling process.

A.Qualifying
B.Presentation
C.Prospecting
D.Preapproach
E.Approach

Question: Some large corporations have developed ________ to help determine the optimal investment across various media; such tools are useful when determining the relationship between promotional spending and brand sales.

A.Advertising budgets
B.Statistical models
C.Impact studies
D.Sales techniques
E.Advertising strategies

Question: Which message execution style focuses on the company's skill and knowledge in making the product?

A.Testimonial evidence
B.Slice of life
C.Technical expertise
D.Endorsement
E.Scientific evidence

Question: News conferences, press tours, and grand openings are examples of ________, a type of tool commonly used by public relations professionals.

A.Investor relations
B.Public service activities
C.Special events
D.Social networking
E.Development

Question: The Internet, direct mail, magazines, and radio all offer advertisers which of the following advantages?

A.Credibility
B.Low costs
C.Audience selectivity
D.Timeliness
E.Flexibility

Question: Marlene Arau is a member of the sales force at Urban Fashions, a clothing manufacturer. Marlene is preparing for a first meeting with a wholesaler who is a potential customer. Marlene is learning as much as she can about the wholesaler's organization. Marlene is in the ________ step of the personal selling process.

A.Prospecting
B.Preapproach
C.Qualifying
D.Approach
E.Handling objections

25 min left!
Expert:  Sandhya replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Sandhya, Tutor
Experience: I have several years of teaching experience.