NY Engineer
NY Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Electrical Engineer. 11+ years experience in math, science, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, more.
30121412

1. (TCO 7) Assuming that you are connected to a database called

1. (TCO 7) Assuming that you are connected to a database called Computers.mdb with the fields Computer, Hostname Room_Num, CPU_Type, Num_CPUs, Bit_Size, OS_Type, Memory, and HDD_Size, write the SQL Query String sqlStr such that all the fields will be displayed for the records that indicate a speed less than two and a memory value less than four. The returned records should be sorted by Room_Num.
2. (TCO 1) Write the Windows CLI command that will share the folder C:\Data as the share name PublicData.
3. (TCO 1) Write the Windows CLI command that will map the network share called PublicData on FileServer1 to the X: drive for the user netuser with a password ***** netpass.
4. (TCO 6) Write the VBScript code that defines the Scripting.FileSystemObject and the file C:\Data\DataFile.txt for writing. Make sure the file will be created if it doesn't exist, and ensure that the format is ASCII.
5. (TCO 2) Write the VBScript code lines that perform the following tasks: define a variable age that is initialized to 25. Display a message that uses the variable to display "Your age is 25, but in 10 years you will be 35." where the value 25 and 35 use the variable age.
6. (TCO 5) Write a VBScript procedure (or subroutine) called Swap(ByRef num1,ByRef num2) that accepts two number variables by reference and exchanges the two values whereby num1 is assigned the original value of num2 and num2 is assigned the original value of num1.
7. (TCO 4) Write the VBScript code that initializes all the variables in the numArray(10) to the square of the index value ( numArray(0)=0, numArray(1)=1,numArray(2)=4 ,&#-123;,numArray(10)=100.
8. (TC0 3) Given the variable age, write the VBScript code that will decide whether the age is of a Teenager or Not a Teenager. Display the message "The value of age is a Teenager" or "The value of age is NOT a Teenager," depending on the value of the age.
Category: Homework
Expert:  NY Engineer replied 2 years ago.
NY Programmer :

Hello, my name is***** do you need the solution by (date, time, timezone)? Thank you.

NY Programmer :

The answer to item 3 is:

Customer :

It is currently 8:15 eastern. Is it possible to have this done in an hour? 9:20?

NY Programmer :

Item 3 is:

NY Programmer :

net use X: \\FileServer1\PublicData netpass /user:netuser

NY Programmer :

I'm not sure I can complete it in an hour. I can do the VBScript items but I was hoping to get until maybe tomorrow at noon Eastern?

Customer :

I only have two hours. How many can you do by then?

NY Programmer :

I can do all the ones except the VBScript items fairly quickly, the VBScript is going to take me some time to write and test. I might be able to nail it in that amount of time though.

NY Programmer :

Shall I give a shot anyway?

Customer :

Sure, it would be appreciated.

NY Programmer :

There might be other experts online right now that could do it in that amount of time, so I could opt out for them to take a look.

Customer :

Please do as I have time constraints

NY Programmer :

I can do it in the two hours, if I post them as I complete them would that help? Looking at it again I think I can do it in the hour but it might take a little more than that.

Customer :

That's fine lets do it!

NY Programmer :

Alright I'm on it.

NY Programmer :

#3 is already done above

NY Programmer :

In #1 they don't give the table name so I'll assume they mean Computers is the table name.

Customer :

OK

NY Programmer :

#1 is:

NY Programmer :

sqlStr = "SELECT * FROM Computers WHERE ((Computers.Num_CPUs < 2) And (Computers.Memory < 4)) ORDER BY Computers.Room_Num;"

NY Programmer :

They say a 'speed of less than two' but there is no column indicating speed, so I assume they mean number of CPU's.

NY Programmer :

=== #2 is ===

NY Programmer :

net share PublicData=C:\Data

NY Programmer :

=== #3 is ===

NY Programmer :

Customer :

OK

NY Programmer :

=== #4 is ===

NY Programmer :

Const ForAppending = 8
dim objFS, objSt
Set objFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objSt = objFS.OpenTextFile("C:\data\DataFile.txt", ForAppending, True)

NY Programmer :

=== #5 is ====

NY Programmer :

dim age
age = 25
Wscript.Echo "Your age is " & age & ", but in 10 years you will be " & (age + 10) & "."

Customer :

looks good

NY Programmer :

Thank you. This isn't so bad after all, got the hang of it now.

NY Programmer :

=== #6 is ===

NY Programmer :

Sub Swap(ByRef num1, ByRef num2)
dim numTemp
numTemp = num1
num1 = num2
num2 = numTemp
End Sub

NY Programmer :

And for the above, a stub to test it is:

NY Programmer :

dim num1
dim num2
num1=1
num2=2
Swap num1, num2
Wscript.Echo "num1 num2:" & num1 & ", " & num2

NY Programmer :

=== #7 is ===

NY Programmer :

dim numArray(10)
dim i
For i = 0 to 10
numArray(i) = (i * i)
Next

NY Programmer :

And a test stub for above in case it is needed:

NY Programmer :

'Test code
dim strOut
strOut = ""
For i = 0 to 10
strOut=strOut & numArray(i) & ","
Next
Wscript.echo strOut

Customer :

nice

NY Programmer :

And === #8 is ===

NY Programmer :

If (age > 12) And (age < 20) Then
Wscript.echo "The value of age is a Teenager"
Else
Wscript.echo "The value of age is NOT a Teenager"
End if

NY Programmer :

All VBscript I tested to verify it works properly.

Customer :

Looks good, it is greatly appreciated..will pay and leave + feedback..Thanks!

NY Programmer :

Thank you, ***** ***** free to request me if I may be of future assistance: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-nyprogrammer/

Customer :

noted

NY Programmer :

When you're all set, (you probably already know), clicking the 'accept' button is what makes the site pay me my portion. Thanks!

NY Engineer, Engineer
Experience: Electrical Engineer. 11+ years experience in math, science, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, more.