DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

1.) Too much pressure. Hank Kolb was put in charge of quality

Customer Question

1.) Too much pressure. Hank Kolb was put in charge of quality assurance at a plant where practices were not up to par. The most immediate issue facing him was what to do about some pressurized cans of lubricant that had just been shipped out. The cans had been overpressurized by faulty equipment. When this was discovered, one of the production supervisors vented the excess by hand without taking measurements to make sure the pressure was within tolerances. One option was to recall the cans and check them systematically, but this would be an expensive and time-consuming process, and it would antagonize customers. Should Kolb recall the cans?

Hints. See Case 6.2 for guidance on how to analyze this case. The utilitarian test can perhaps be applied by the use of statistical sampling to estimate the cost of possible injuries. Kolb could recall a random sample of the cans for this purpose. However, you must ask whether statistical sampling alone can enable Kolb to promise safety, as required by the generalization principle, or whether a complex recall is necessary. Statistical sampling presupposes that uncontrolled defects are random.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am still waiting on an answer to this question.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 4 years ago.

Hi!

I might be able to help.

Could the question says to refer to case 6.2. Could you provide the case study?

Thanks, DXJ

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The case study is question #1, the 6.2 study is just the same with business ethics and rational choice. Applying the generalization, utilitarian and virtues test.

OK, thanks. I'll start working through this shortly! Smile DXJ
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students