DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

for DXJ Writer: Heres the blank copy of the worksheet: University

for DXJ Writer:

Here's the blank copy of the worksheet:

University of Phoenix Material
Ethical Dilemma Worksheet & Rubric

CJA/324 Ethics in Criminal Justice

Incident Review
Week _______
Student Name: ________________________________

1. What is the ethical issue or problem? Identify the issue succinctly. (15 points) Points
Earned

2. What are the most important facts? Which facts have the most bearing on the ethical decision presented? Include any important potential economic, social, or political pressures, and exclude inconsequential facts. (14 points) Points
Earned

3. Identify each claimant (key actor) who has an interest in the outcome of this ethical issue. From the perspective of the moral agent—the individual contemplating an ethical course of action—what obligation is owed to the claimant? Why? (14 points) Points
Earned
Claimant
(key actor) Obligation (owed to the claimant) Perspective (What does the claimant hope will happen?)

Evaluating Alternatives

4. What are two alternatives for the scenario? One alternative can be a wild card that you ordinarily may not consider an option because of potential implications. Both should be within free will and control of the same moral agent. (14 points) Points
Earned
Alternative A Alternative B

5. Respond to the following questions based on your developed alternatives. (14 points) Points
Earned
Alternative A Alternative B
What are the best- and worst-case scenarios if you choose this alternative?

Will anyone be harmed if this alternative is chosen? If so, how will they be harmed? Consider families and derivative effects.

Would honoring an idea or value—such as personal, professional, or religious—make the alternative invalid?

Are there any rules, laws, or principles that support the alternative? Are there rules, laws, or principles that make the alternative invalid? State the rule or principle and indicate if it invalidates or supports the alternative.

Applying Ethical Guidelines

6. Consider each ethical guideline and explain whether it would support or reject your alternative. (14 points) Points
Earned
Guidelines based on the action itself Alternative A Alternative B
Should this alternative become a rule or policy that everyone in this situation should follow in similar situations in the future? (Kant)
Does this alternative result in using any person as a means to an end without consideration for his or her basic integrity? (Kant)
Is the intent of this action free from vested interest or ulterior motive? (Kant’s good will)
Does this alternative demonstrate a genuine concern for others affected by the decision, and is the moral agency responding to a perceived need?
Guidelines based on consequences Alternative A Alternative B
Is the good that results from this alternative outweighed by the potential harm that might be done to others? (Mill’s harm principle)
Is any harm brought about by anyone other than the moral agent? (causal harm)

Will anyone be harmed who can be said to be defenseless? (paternalism)

To what degree is this alternative based on the moral agent’s own best interest? (ethical egoism)
Which alternative will generate the greatest benefit—or the least amount of harm—for the greatest number of people? Select only one alternative. (utilitarianism)

Ethical Decision Making

7. Choose to proceed with either Alternative A or Alternative B and explain the reasons for your decision. (15 points) Points
Earned

TOTAL POINTS EARNED
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator with Just Answer. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thank you!
Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 2 years ago.
Thanks SO much for this! I appreciate you!Smile DXJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You do know this is the blank form for the assignment I sent you the other day!

Yes, I do. Thanks so much! DXJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
your welcome
Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was looking for the one in which you provided the individual paper for this week! so, I can compensate you?

Which paper, the ethics worksheet?

I lost track and posted it to the other thread I think...........

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, how can I provide you with a tip! I had known or realized that I would have compensated you for both on the assignment you just completed! I'm sorry for the trouble.

You're No trouble:-)Laughing

Somehow I think messages crossed over from one thread to another..............

On the first accept on the following thread, you might be able to add a tip. According to my records, that "accept" doesn't have a bonus.

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/6ahvq-dxj-writer-week-twocja-324.html

Otherwise, Customer Service could help or you could write support@justanswer.com

Sorry I don't have a better answer!

Hope that helps! DXJSmile

OK, I've looked over the threads and answers.

Did you mean the paper on the moral dilemma?

You accepted that one

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/68wqz-dxj-writer-acct-situation-will-corrected.html

Sorry, it is confusing. Does that help at all? DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, the worksheet paper

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students