judybailey52
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
46206387

Ms Judy Here is another question for you please let me know

Customer Question

Ms Judy Here is another question for you please let me know if you can help I will need this by next Saturday same time.
: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 3-4 page report
Points Possible: 125 Due Date: 2/26/2012 11:59XXXXX

How Many People to Survey?

Gallup poll results are prevalent in the media especially leading up to elections as are reports on surveys done by universities and research groups like the Pew Research Center.

The survey results of small groups of people are used to portray a general consensus about a population. Ever wonder how many people should be included in a survey to make it a meaningful reflection of a population? Now you will be able to answer your own question. Be warned; you will never feel the same about these polls and surveys again.

Using the following specific resources, create a lecture (with citations) which includes the following:

Part 1: Survey Analysis

Entertainment Survey
Using a newspaper article from AIU library’s full-text database: National Newspapers (Proquest), create a lecture (with citations) which includes the following:

•Describe an entertainment poll or survey. Analyze the number of people who participated in the sample compared to the number in the population. Most news articles will not provide information on the number of people surveyed. In this case critique the validity of the results. (Be sure to cite the article which must be from National Newspapers -ProQuest) Here is a Research Guide.
•Discuss how the results of the survey can be used to tell a story or support an idea of the sponsoring company or media group.
Political Survey
Using polls from one of the following sources:

Source 1

Source 2

•Describe a political poll or survey. Analyze the number of people who participated in the sample compared to the number in the population.
General Survey

Source 1

Source 2

•Describe a general opinion poll or survey. Analyze the number of people who participated in the sample compared to the number in the population.
Overview

Consider the three surveys presented.

•Using the knowledge you learned from the textbook, compare and contrast the sample sizes in each of the three surveys mentioned in the post and determine if the samples sizes are appropriate.
•In your opinion, which appears to be the most valid? (Cite and reference the textbook)
This section of the paper will be 2-3 pages in length and each survey or poll described MUST come from AIU Library’s National Newspapers- ProQuest Database and Pew Research Center or Gallup.

Please do not use quotes or copy definitions. You will not receive credit for understanding the materials if you use the words of others. Keep in mind that since you did research and you have citations in the body of the post, you must also place a reference list at the end containing the textbook and the articles cited.

Part 2: Application
Create your own 3 question Entertainment or using this General Opinion Survey or another free survey program or this link. Secure a minimum of 20 responses. Your survey respondents may be friends, family or classmates. (NOTE: The small sample size was chosen for convenience and as you know is not a valid sample. The goal is for you to create, deploy and analyze a simple survey.)

Create Excel charts of your results and describe those charts in words. (You will receive no credit for charts that are copied from the survey software.)
•Include a copy of your survey
•Provide charts of your results and describe those charts in words
•Explain how the results of your survey can be used by a media group or company.
This section of the paper will contain 1 page of text and 3 charts.

NEED HELP?

•Check out the Free Tutoring Available for BUSN311 students. You will need to sign up for the tutoring. Your instructor has the session-specific information. Don’t wait, tutoring appointments fill up quickly.
•Beginning Statistics Lab. Presentations and Resources are Available 24/7. Synchronous Live Sessions and Office Hours are held during the session. Live Sessions are also recorded for viewing at your convenience. Your instructor has the session-specific information.
•The tutors and the lab instructor are qualified faculty members.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA format using the attached TEMPLATE. Using the template without deleting the headings ensures that you cover each segment of the assignment.

Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.

I will send the template that you need to used
Category: Homework
Expert:  judybailey52 replied 2 years ago.
It will take a while to get through this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have read through it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok I will be waiting thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

here is the template that I am suppose to used

Attachment: 2012-02-19_040845_busn311_u3ip_template.zip

ok
Please review my questions on this document

http://www.mediafire.com/?ea3kgno76ealaja
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ms Judy25 sorry for answering your question so late I just finish working. To answer your questions yes the money is ok. Second question we can do without the information from the text book it just give the meaning of what is a survey and the different kinds of survey there is (3) To get into proquest - National Newspaper the general survey opinion survey I cannot access it. I have send an email to my professor letting him know that I cannot access the site . The other links for source 1-2 is Paw Research center for the People and the Press, other one is Gallup.com/Home.aspxand general opinion survey is Zoomerang.com/basic and the link is Survey Monkey. As soon as I received the answer from my professor I will let you know. Should I change your value from $40.00 to $75.00 please let me know. Thanks.
I'll have to get back to you in a minute. That darn justanswer rule is preventing me from sending an answer to another customer unless I answer you. Grrrr
OK, I see you didn't get my last message. Ignore it.

Here are my questions that I still need. I understand about the Proquest National Newspaper. click here for my questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will change it and the ProQuest have the information that you need, it is in the survey research that I cannot access I will get it to you as soon as I received it
So you don't know what create a lecture means either?

And can you ask how the instructor expects an analysis of a sample when you don't know the size of the sample.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ms Judy25 this is the research guide to help with the ProQuest it is my class library and the only way for you to get in is by my password. I wish I could call you .

justanswer doesn't allow personal contact. you can send it through mediafire.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ms Judy I sign up for mediafire but I cannot finf and see how to up load my answer. can you help me I am not very good with this.
Type your information on a word document and save it.

Go to mediafire.com and select upload.

Click in the center of the page on the giant white plus sign.

select the file you want to upload

select upload

select copy URL

paste it here to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BUSN311_U3_ResearchGuide.pdf I upload it through media fire also can you pull up the answer you send me in microsoft words.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BUSN311_U3_ResearchGuide.pdf Ms judy try an open this and look at the end . go to mediafire.com.
It isn't opening.

Please try to use mediafire.com or you can try box.net
Hi, I need this before Tuesday evening, or I won't be able to answer your question for you.

I want to be sure that you have enough time to find another expert who can access ProQuest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did used mediafire and it is down loaded but I cannot get to go any further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get to open the page with the question and answer from me please let me know.
Can you open the file? If so, copy and paste the URL from the top of the page. It is the www in the narrow window at the top of the page.

If not, when you did the upload, there should be a little clipboard on the page that says "copy link". Just click on that and paste here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You did it! Congratulations!

I have to go out now, but will check back if there are more questions.

Judy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ms Julie you are the best I wish you were my teacher talk to you later.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ms Julie52 my professor responded, he said I am not doing a survey I am to used the sources provided for the three surveys and an overview summarized the results. I have to used the link to the on line survey to create my own survey, then analyze the results using the template that I sent you. I hope you understand this. I received an F for my unit 2 IP for using the wrong dataset, I went over it myself and I used 29 instead of 40 it is very upsetting it pull my grade down a little bit therefore I have to make better grades. Let me know if you understand.

Thanks.

Regarding the unit 2 IP, did I work with you on that? 29 is the correct number to use in the data set. It is the number I used. What happened?

It is not clear for me what the next assignment needs. I will send you a note when I figure out what I think we need.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The professor said it was 40 I din't know where he really get the 40 from, but one of the girls say it was from the unit 1 information we were suppose to used which we did. it is ok.
This is the data you sent me

http://www.mediafire.com/?sv9bbxuabzz8bow

Where did you get it from? You are going to get a 0 on both assignments done with this data if it is wrong.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ms Judy52 that is the right data I don't know how he come up with 40 I send him an email asking him to explain how he get 40. How are you coming with the present question.Smile
That is the site you sent me.

I have not begun the next one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is the data that we used I received an A unit 1 therefore I cannot see how we used the wrong information. Looking forward to hearing from you on Saturday you have a wonderful day.
Smile
Is this the correct website for the library

http://www.aiu.edu/OnlineLibrary.html

If this is the website, the password XXXXX are not working
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

websitem is www.aiuonlinelogin.com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry I did not see your question log in and go to library and follow the directions
Cannot find the log in space on this page. Can you check?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ms Judy here is a link open it and follow the directions plet me know if it work

http://www.mediafire.com/?ui12cpfph903414

Sorry, did not work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8ru5no1w5ewdnui

This is what happened.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is the website and pass word to get on the website
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used the website. I used the pass words, both worked fine.

But, I could not access National Newspapers (ProQuest) as requested by your instructions.

I cannot answer that question for you. Sorry. I can answer to other two surveys.

You just sent me the same information. The website is good, the password XXXXX are good, the National Newspapers (ProQuest) is not good.

Here are your directions to me:

Entertainment Survey
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is correct scroll all the way down NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS (PROQUEST) and we have to research newspapers and go from there we are going to used newspapers with anukind of information on a group of people and then do a servey from that information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry we are having so much trouble. This is the hardest class for me it is very.
Were you able to read my note about accessing NATIONALNEWSPAPERS(PROQUEST)

Here is my not to you (again).

Be sure to read this. I says that access is denied to NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS (PROQUEST) for your university.
This should say

Here is my note to you (again).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I read your note and I add to your note please read

http://www.mediafire.com/?kxmd1mvhojshdr3

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes mam it is just the class library that they want us to used for information.
You should check the messages in your class. This one is from the instructor

Dear students,

If you cannot access the Newspaper database through Proquest for IP3, please use other sources.

This has been very frustrating. I have lost an hour of research time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ilook earlier this eveing and I don't remember seeing that message thanks. Is it ok now you can submitt it on Sunday Midday. Your so patient Msjudy I appreciate you.
Sunday may have to be the new deadline. I will, however, do my best to finish on time tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am working on a nother subject, I will be working tomorrow but I wll check ever so often to see if you need any more information. You have a good night.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
OK
Here is my final notes to you

Click here to read the instructions and comments.

As soon as you have read this, I can send your answers to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ms Judy Yes we are on the same page I try changing from $40.00 to $75.00 and could not get it done buy I was going to add the difference or if you know how can you let me know. Running head is the way the professor want it, and he also want us to copy and paste the work from the excel spread sheet into micro soft word I don't know if you can get it done. Thanks for all the hard work it is greatly appreciated.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
Did all the files come through?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mms Judy I don't know if I posted the deposit right please let me know.
We're good. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you did you see the other question please let me know.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Yes