Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_001(Points: 5) BASIC and APPLIED

1.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_001
(Points: 5)
BASIC and APPLIED behavioral research are similar in the sense that:

a. Both ask what variables control the behavior of interest

b. Both are conducted in settings specially designed so that variables can be carefully controlled

c. Both are limited to the study of independent variables (such as interventions) that improve socially-important behaviors

d. Both are unconstrained as to the types of behaviors (dependent variables) that are studied

Save Answer

2.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_002
(Points: 5)
According to Baer, Wolf & Risley, unless the behavior of interest is verbal behavior (what people SAY), ABA research should focus on what people __________.

1.

Save Answer

3.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_012
(Points: 5)
Russian physiologist Ivan Pavlov conducted an historic series of studies with dogs which resulted in the experimental demonstration of respondent conditioning. Food in the dog’s mouth elicited salivation, but the sound of a bell, at first, did not. After pairing the ringing of a bell with the food several times, the ring of the bell itself elicited salivation before the food was presented. What term describes the bell BEFORE it was paired with the food?

a. Respondent extinction

b. Unconditioned stimulus

c. Conditioned stimulus

d. Neutral stimulus

Save Answer

4.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_013
(Points: 5)
Fill in the Blank. The term __________ refers to a specific instance of a particular behavior.

1.

Save Answer

5.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_014
(Points: 5)
Identify the principle of behavior at play when, A NEW STIMULUS IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWS A BEHAVIOR AND THE BEHAVIOR DECREASES.

a. Type I punishment

b. Positive reinforcement

c. Type II punishment

d. Negative reinforcement

Save Answer

6.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_015
(Points: 5)
The term for the state or condition of the environment prior to the emission of a response is technically referred to as:

a. Unconditioned stimuli

b. Environmental stimuli

c. Antecedent stimuli

d. Conditioned stimuli

Save Answer

7.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_016
(Points: 5)
In the following example of a three-term contingency, identify the CONSEQUENCE. Ben’s mother is sitting on the floor with Ben. She says, “This is a red crayon, Ben. What color crayon?” Ben replies “Red.” Ben’s mother follows with, “That’s right!” The next day, Ben continues to identify the crayon as red.

a. Ben’s mother saying, “That’s right!”

b. Ben’s response, “Red.”

c. Ben’s mother saying, “What color crayon?”

d. Ben’s mother sitting on the floor.

Save Answer

8.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_017
(Points: 5)
Fill in the Blank. Behavior whose probability of occurrence is determined by its history of consequences is called _________ behavior.

1.

Save Answer

9.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_018
(Points: 5)
Differences in an individual’s particular response to a given situation are primarily the result of:

a. Histories of reinforcement

b. All of these answers are correct

c. Internal traits

d. None of these answers are correct

e. Personality differences

Save Answer

10.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_019
(Points: 5)
Identify the principle of behavior at play in the following operation: A STIMULUS IS WITHDRAWN IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A BEHAVIOR AND THE BEHAVIOR INCREASES.

a. Type II punishment

b. Negative reinforcement

c. Positive reinforcement

d. Type I punishment

Save Answer

11.MA4SUM3 VerA Q19
(Points: 5)
Fill in the blank. Food deprivation may alter the momentary effectiveness of food as a reinforcer. Food deprivation is an example of a(n) Fill in the Blank 01 (2 words).

Save Answer

12.MA4SUM3 VerA Q20
(Points: 5)
A ______________ denotes a set or collection of knowledge and skills a person has learned that are relevant to particular settings or tasks.

a. Behavior

b. Skill

c. Repertoire

d. Response

Save Answer

13.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_003
(Points: 5)
I read this ABA research study in an education journal. The researchers were interested in the effects of classroom seating on the attending behavior of children with Aspergers disorder. They had attending well defined as looking at or manipulating task materials, talking with another child about the task, and so on. On several occasions, the researchers had the teachers change the kids seating arrangements from the usual four children per table to two children per table. They described every detail of how and when they did this. The teachers reported that each time the kids were seated two per table, they were either MUCH MORE ATTENTIVE or SOMEWHAT MORE ATTENTIVE. What dimension of ABA (Baer, Wolf & Risley article) appears to be deficient in this study?

a. Behavioral

b. Applied

c. Technological

d. Analytic

Save Answer

14.MA 3 CHH 2 and BWR Ver A_004
(Points: 5)
Select ALL that Apply. The phrase “portion of the organism’s interaction with
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)