DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

Please help Due on 02/22/12 wednesday Write a 5-page,

Please help

Due on 02/22/12 wednesday

Write a 5-page, double-spaced Reflection Paper on your practicum experience throughout this course. Your paper should include a summary of the following and should be written using a scholarly voice.

Additionally, it is also highly recommended that the paper be written using APA 6th edition formatting and employ section headings in accordance with the SIX QUESTIONS LISTED BELOW

1) Summarize the mission and vision of your agency

2) Describe your practicum experience
-I think i have had a great experience so far, learning how and why agency's like mine implement health promotion and prevention programs. Knowing how those program impacts an individual or community health. I have also learn what complex conditions are, for example Cancer, kidney and liver disease compare to general conditions for example: Diabetes-Heart disease-Asthma etc also the reasons why these conditions are the main focus in prevention efforts. Practicum has also allowed to experience how complex health coverage can be for employees and some cost and effect of health care.

3) Describe how your competencies have changed
-My competencies so far has change because i have a greater understanding about health prevention implementation in a community, and how to achieve and understand cultural, religious, language barriers, accessability and economic aspect of health care while abidding to the health policies and regulations such as HIPPA, and standard of practice.

4) Explain in a measurable way where you learned information to support your mastery of the ASPH MPH competencies

-Learned through research, course readings and practicum experience

5) Explain the knowledge and skills that you are able to bring out of your MPH coursework
-Leadership skills, communication, health policy and program planning, implementing and evaluation.

6) Discuss how you have been able to implement this knowledge in your practicum experience and in other professional experiences.

-will post this later
Category: Homework
Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
I understand:-)

Sorry, I had to switch this to Q & A.......technical difficulties with chat.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is for Question # 4 professor said this is how she wants it answered

Explain in a measurable way where you learned information to support your mastery of the ASPH MPH competencies

Unfortunately it is worded awkwardly. Thus, below I've given a few tips on how to handle this portion of the assignment.

For this section of the assignment you could: (1) identify each ASPH MPH competency that you feel has been mastered during this first portion of the practicum experience; (2) provide a numerical estimation of your mastery of the competency at the start of the practicum (i.e., baseline value) and where you feel you are now (i.e. midpoint value); and (3) briefly describe how this mastery was accomplished.

For example, the description may look similar to this:

During the practicum experience, one of the primary competencies met was: Epidemiology #8 - Communicate epidemiologic information to lay and professional audiences.

Prior to this practicum, my experience was limited in communication of epidemiologic information to lay/professional audiences. As a result of the practicum thus far, my mastery of the competency has increased from 0 to 30 % (or three-fold, etc.).

These increases can be attributed to my participation in the following activities: (a) educational presentations on prevention of heart disease at a community center and (b) poster presentation of study data at a research symposium.

I anticipate that by the end of the practicum, my mastery of the competency will be increased even further.

Given that this is only one portion of the assignment, you may consider only highlighting 2 to 4 competencies (that you feel were truly mastered at some level). Also, please know that you do not have to write it in the exact same manner as the example above, but I ask that it is presented in an organized manner.

Thanks so much for this!

I'm sure the other sections should follow suit.

At least, your Professor gave you an example this time!

Thanks again, DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Use this for # 4

6635_MBotchey_Week 4 Discussion

ASPH MPH Competencies

During my practicum experience several duties and responsibilities help me meet the following ASPH MPH (2007) competencies.

Social and Behavioral Sciences: I use ethical principles to public health program planning, implementation and evaluation (ASPH, 2007, p. 6).

Communication and Informatics: Through my work with the IT team to a create user friendly health promotion system for patient and staff use and practicum based interaction, I learn verbal and nonverbal communication skills for various audiences, as well as when and how to use appropriate language. I also safeguard and respect patient privacy and comply with HIPPA protocols whenever I am use and transfer personal information (ASPH, 2007, p. 7).

Diversity and Culture: By increasing knowledge of community culture and traditions, I build cultural competency to address community health needs and improve health (ASPH, 2007, p. 8).

Leadership: By engaging in team-building, negotiation, and conflict-management skills and doing so with transparency, integrity, and honesty in all actions (ASPH, 2007, p. 9).

Professionalism: By applying the basic principles of ethical analysis (e.g. the Public Health Code of Ethics, human-rights framework, and other moral theories) to issues of public health practice and policy, I promote high standards of personal and organizational integrity, compassion, honesty, and respect for all people through my actions (ASPH, 2007, p. 11).

Program Planning: By collaborating with IT and non-clinical personnel to prioritize individual, organizational, and community concerns and resources for public health programs, I mobilize team members to develop the appropriate health promotion/intervention (ASPH, 2007, p. 12).

My practicum activities will help me master key professional ASPH MPH (2007) competencies because I gather gathering necessary data for risk management strategies and health promotion via surveys and/or directly interviewing people of the community. This, in turn, leads me to apply principles and methods to the targeted community and other environments in which public health practices (p. 7, 8). Each health promotion or interventions grant me the opportunity to utilize one or more public health intervention/health risk assessment strategies to address health determinants at the individual, group, or population level (p. 6, 12, 13).

Great!!!!!!!!!

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Answer for # 1- MISSION

At OptumHealth, we help people live their lives to the fullest.

VISIONOur vision is to build our business by being a constructive, transformative force in public sector healthcare systems, driven by a team of talented, empathic and passionate individuals.
Thanks!

I just finished the first draft and will start revisions shortly............

Making sure I follow the format.

Register Here
DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students