Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Question 1 of 20 Résumés must be free from typos because

Question 1 of 20

Résumés must be free from typos because employers:
A. will not hire anyone who cannot type.
B. assume that someone who is careless with a résumé would be careless on the job.
C. believe that typos are evidence of alcohol or substance abuse.
D. will hire only people rich enough to hire professional typists.

Question 2 of 20

Which of the following is NOT a technique for emphasizing material in a résumé?
A. Presenting it in vertical lists
B. Including it as part of a lengthy paragraph
C. Offsetting it with white space
D. Positioning it at the top of a page

Question 3 of 20

A chronological résumé is more appropriate than a skills résumé when:
A. you have significant periods of unemployment throughout your career.
B. you want to combine experience from paid jobs, activities or volunteer work, and courses to show the extent of your experience in a particular field.
C. you are changing fields.
D. your education and experience are a logical preparation for the position for which you are applying.

Question 4 of 20
Which should NOT be included as a heading in a chronological résumé?
A. “Experience” if you only have one item to list under this heading
B. “Education and Experience”, because these two items should be listed separately
C. “Honors and Awards”, because these two items should be listed separately
D. “Community Service”, because this information is not relevant to the job search process

Question 5 of 20

A student who has poor grades should:
A. omit the grade point average from the résumé.
B. round off the grade point average rather than giving the precise figure.
C. explain the reason(s) for getting poor grades on the résumé.
D. lie about the grade average.

Question 6 of 20
Which of the following is the BEST advice for increasing the number of "hits" on a scannable résumé?
A. Avoid jargon of any sort.
B. Use a Keywords section under your name, address, and phone.
C. Use more verbs than nouns.
D. Use only one page.

Question 7 of 2

A job application letter is different from a resume in that:
A. it presents a job candidate’s qualifications.
B. it uses short, parallel phrases and sentence fragments.
C. it is adapted to a position rather than to the needs of a particular organization.
D. it explains controversial material in a positive way.

Question 8 of 20

Detailed financial information about a particular company can be found in:
A. The Wall Street Journal.
B. a directory for the industry.
C. the company's annual report.
D. the company's recruiting brochure.
Question 9 of 20

Which of the following should be included in the first paragraph of a prospecting job application letter?
A. A complete discussion of the writer’s skills and qualifications
B. A statement that you are applying for a particular advertised position
C. Dates and times that you are available for an interview
D. A statement that will catch the reader’s interest

Question 10 of 20

A job application letter is effective in convincing the reader that an applicant is knowledgeable of the company by:
A. providing relevant evidence from what the applicant has done in the past to support claims that this person can do the job.
B. presenting information about the company as if it will be news to the reader.
C. discussing 10 to 12 specific details to demonstrate the applicant’s knowledge.
D. making the job application letter general enough so that it can be sent to a number of different companies.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)