Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris M. Your Own Question
M.S.W. Social Work
Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Chris M. is online now
criminal justice "the invisible woman" author joanne belknap 1.
criminal justice "the invisible woman" author joanne belknap
1. Rape is far more susceptible to _______ than other crimes.
A. unfounding C. publicity
B. corroboration D. prosecution
2. After 10 years of abuse, Connie leaves her battering husband.
She knows that by leaving him she’s
A. finally safe from his attacks.
B. in greater danger than before.
C. free of his control.
D. likely to lose custody of her child.
3. In a national survey, Georgina was asked if she had been sexually harassed within one
year of the survey. This is an example of a/an
A. prevalence rate. C. statistical rate.
B. incidence rate. D. sampling plan.
4. To say that we get what we deserve is an example of the _______ hypothesis.
A. just-deserts C. fair-play
B. just-world D. worst-case
5. Historically, which of the following was the last to gain public attention?
A. Rape of women by strangers C. Sexual abuse of children
B. Nonsexual wife abuse D. Nonsexual child abuse
6. Courtney was recently the victim of an attempted rape. A 1984 study showed that if she
reported the incident to the police, Courtney would be one of only _______ to do so.
A. 8 percent C. 18 percent
B. 15 percent D. 22 percent
7. According to the cycle theory of violence, when a man has seriously assaulted his partner,
the next behavior he’s likely to display is
A. kindness. C. anger.
B. withdrawal. D. depression.
8. How does the author see the relationship between female victimization and gender-power
A. Cause to effect C. Nonexistant
B. Effect to cause D. Mutually reinforcing
9. The greatest risk factor for being a batterer is being
A. extremely jealous. C. psychologically disturbed.
B. an alcoholic. D. socialized as masculine.
10. A psychological theory in which animals or humans become unable to identify escape
alternatives is called
A. learned helplessness. C. psychological battering.
B. the Stockholm syndrome. D. loss of self-esteem
11. Since the 1980s, police response to domestic violence has improved. One factor that
helped significantly was
A. mediation programs.
B. increased use of restraining orders.
C. court cases aimed at police departments.
D. ordering the offender to leave the home.
12. A child sexual abuser is usually
A. the typical “dirty old man.”
B. under the age of 35.
C. a man or woman with poor self-esteem.
D. a drifter who can’t form normal relationships.
13. A 1989 study found that of rape cases reported to the police, less than _______ resulted
in a prison sentence.
A. 1 percent C. 17 percent
B. 5 percent D. 35 percent
14. Women’s “irrational” fear of violence may be attributed to
A. lower actual victimization rates than are reported.
B. lower rates of crimes committed by male adolescents.
C. stereotyping of female criminals.
D. cultural conditioning to fear male violence.
15. Most prosecutors decide how to proceed with a rape case based on
A. their perceptions of the victim’s credibility.
B. the level of the offender’s aggression.
C. the presence of witnesses or other evidence.
D. the offender’s criminal history.
16. Most battering is a result of _______ by the batterer.
A. loss of control C. learned behavior
B. a desire to control D. typical male domination
17. Which of the following is not a rape myth?
A. Alcohol and drugs cause rape. C. Rape victims cause their rapes.
B. Rapists are sane. D. Rape is a miscommunication.
18. A man who commits rape is most likely
A. trying to satisfy unmet sexual needs.
B. randomly picking a stranger as his victim.
C. achieving domination through sex.
D. determined to physically harm his victim.
19. In a study of the 25 percent of college women who experienced sexual victimization,
57 percent of their rapes occurred
A. after 1 A.M.
B. when the women had been using drugs.
C. on dates.
D. in dormitories.
20. UCR crime rates provide statistics that
A. reflect only those crimes reported to the police.
B. are highly reliable for feminist research purposes.
C. rely on self-reporting during telephone interviews.
D. include confidential interviews, police reports, and conviction rates.
1. The private sphere includes access to work and socialization
A. in small clubs and businesses, but not government.
B. in nonprofit and cultural organizations.
C. within the home and family.
D. in family businesses, but not corporations.
2. Women prison workers may cope with negative stereotypes by
using strategies such as
A. the “iron maiden” approach.
B. humor and teamwork.
C. returning hostility point for point.
D. finding a male sponsor to defend her.
3. ________ of male guards believe that women shouldn’t be hired as guards in male
A. One-sixth C. One-third
B. One-fifth D. One-half
4. You’re one of the first women employed as a jail matron in the 1800s.You were hired
mostly for your _______ skills.
A. secretarial C. maternal
B. organizational D. fund raising
5. Which of the following cannot be a bona fide occupational qualification?
A. Being a woman
B. Being White
C. Being a man
D. Being Catholic
6. Keeping w
4 years ago.
Share this conversation
replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
Chris M. and other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
When working with strings in C(or any other language), there
Qualitative methods, linear programming
I need to know the formulas for the following C-K metrics:
I have a problem involving qbasic64, qbasic 64, Im working
Here are the questions it's a college physics, basic ones
How is math used in the game of football
NOT GLENN NOR F. NAZ PLEASE Does speed = weight of an object
Elevating an injured body part above the heart for the first
Using the IP number & Mask is 188.8.131.52/23. Please find the
I need help with xml homework
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
26 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2016 JustAnswer LLC