DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, MSOM, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

150-200 words, due 2-16 just answer questions all in the word

150-200 words, due 2-16 just answer questions all in the word count, reference if possible

With scientific breakthroughs come new, unanticipated dilemmas that force us to rethink how we view the world, our culture and each other. One good example comes from the genetic discoveries science has made in the past fifty years; we now live in an era when we can test tissue samples or blood and determine whether or not a person is at- risk for a variety of debilitating or deadly diseases. While this ability has clear benefits, it also has some potentially thorny side-effects.

Do some background reading on genetic discrimination and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA), starting here: http://www.genome.gov/10002328 and here: http://www.genome.gov/10002077, and then continuing with any other resources you find helpful.

Genetic tests

Reflect on your reading as you discuss the following questions during the week:

Genetic tests are incredibly valuable tools. If you were in charge of the Department of Health and Human Services, how might you guarantee that genetic tests will be used to benefit people, not to harm them?
Even though there have not yet been any genetic discrimination cases tried in U.S. courts, why is it important to establish a set of ethical standards now?
What changes could be made to GINA in order to make it better?

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I am still waiting for answer. Thanks

Hi!

I might be able to help.

Do you still need this?

Does it need to have references? DXJ

Hi!

I might be able to help.

Do you still need this?

Does it need to have references? DXJ

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i do still need it, if possible but not required

OK, great.

I will read through your resources...........

I can help! DXJ

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks

You're welcome!

I studied this at Harvard school of Public Health one summer, among other things:-)

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: MALS, MSOM, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students