BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning.

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.

At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.

The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.

Sayre posits that the vocabulary associated with romantic love, as it is known today, came into being during the Medieval Period. The troubadour or trobairitz, accompanied by lyre or lute, would recite poems about the feelings associated with this type of love.

Discuss the common characteristics of these poems. What are your reactions to these expressions romantic love? Does the content of the poetry surprise you in any way? What observations and connections can you make about the role of women of the court and their freedom of expression can be made after reading the work of Contessa de Dia (Sayre, Reading 5.5, p. 152)?
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
No problem! Thanks! BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Here is your answer. Thank you!
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tiffany Willis

Discussion Board Unit 2

The concept of courtly love was a foundation of modern day romance and how it played out in everyday life. It was known that marriages in the medieval times were arranged out of convenience or duty (not of love). It was also understood that man and wife rarely even liked each other, but tolerated each other till death. The troubadour tradition, put a woman on a pedestal and idealized her, and spoke to her heart and mind as it should have been, and hardly ever mentioned something as shallow as external beauty (which was never spoken of openly). Very dissimilar to the unmarried fair maidens, when you think of courting a lady, oftentimes the woman was wedded to someone else. The physical act of infidelity infrequently took place, as it was more an act of winning the lady's heart, rather than having a sexual relationship with her.

The troubadour emotional response in reality seems a corrective reaction to the then dominant wider culture. A wider culture that essentially was extremely dismissive and chauvinistic towards women. This was a culture that was known for women were knowingly and routinely beaten by their husbands. Spousal abuse was more common then than child abuse amongst the community. Women were known to fear their husbands, even if they were in love with them. With all these things going on, real love was something seen as something that only existed outside of marriage.

Love was to be idealistic, but unreachable with anyone one, among his or her peers. The troubadour and minstrel movement were to remind women continuously through poetry and song of their duty and honor as a woman, and how nobles should behave towards each other, despite of.

Nothing about the troubadour surprised me, some of the things they went through women are still experiencing. Women are still in fear of expressing themselves to their husbands. They continue to hide their feelings, in fear of, what their husband's response/reaction would be. Women also stay in unhealthy relationships for status and security. Husbands continue to scold their wives and often times beat them. So when it comes to marriage and feelings, some of these same practices still exist today.

The trobairitz were the female counterpart of the troubadours. They were so muck alike when you viewed them next to the troubadours. Trobairitz self-possessed songs, wrote verse, and performed in the court, to express their talent and feelings. These women were well-known extraordinary women. These were women that were respected for a number of reasons. Aforementioned, women wrote only consecrated music, and they were required to publish under the title of a man if they wanted their work to be distributed and played for the public.

Different the troubadours, the trobairitz were born into the aristocracy. Their careers begun with very little education provided. All noblewomen were anticipated to be able to sing, play instruments, and dance before a certain age. After a while, they began establishing themselves as composers, being able to write works about courtly love, which was a popular theme in medieval Europe.

It is difficult to find out much about the life of the trobairitz, but the freedom given to them was so much different than the troubadours. Even though women in Occitan enjoyed moderately more freedoms than women in additional parts of Europe, they still lived very secluded lives, and wrote about themselves only on the odd occasion and often in romanticized accounts. Many of them were modern-day authors, that put the names of men to works composed by women, or may even failed to acknowledge the role of a woman in an exchange of poems and songs between two people.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Aren't you supposed to respond to TWO classmates or posts? Please send my way as soon as available, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HUMA215-1201B-14 Topics in Cultural Studies
Assignment Name:Unit 2 Individual Project
Deliverable Length:3 pages
Details:

Until the twelfth century, Latin was the language used among the educated and within literature. Research and report on the origins of vernacular language, and its spread. Assess and evaluate the impacts the spread of vernacular languages on cultures during this period. Present your findings in a 3-page essay in APA format.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need this on 2/18/12.THANKS

Similarty Score 30% and under

Originally, troubadours were travelling musicians, but that later changed as many of society's elite joined the Crusades. One group of these new aristocratic troubadours were from the south of France and another group was from the north of France; the northern troubadours were called trouvères ("Troubadours," ).

Trobairiz are women Troubadours and both wrote of courtly love ("The history of," ). While troubadours often sang praises that glorified women, trobairitzes tended to focus on disappointment and betrayal in regards to love or sex. Another example of some of the differences in their writing style is that troubadours often wrote in a spring time setting while the trobairitzes wrote in more of a winter setting. Trobairitzes are also known to write about social and political inequality; vocalizing the inequality between men and women (Owen, 2007).

An example Trobairiz poem is a poem written by Beatriz de Dia, the wife of William, count of Poitiers. Not only does Beatriz express her feelings openly, she goes as far as literally saying that she would trade her husband for this new love interest at a moment's notice and without care. Although she is willing to give up what she has for what she desires, she lays down a surprising condition and that is that her new lover would have to obey her every command (Sayre, 2010).

My opinion of this is that her interests are selfish in that she is willing to leave her husband for nothing more than an infatuation. She is not willing to give up her status and power for this new love interest as it is most evident that she still wants to be in control. To tell the truth, I don't think she really has considered anything beyond a one night stand. I read this as a selfish and spoiled attempt at having a fling at the expense of others.

Reference

Owen, C. (2007, December 21). The trobairitzes: Medieval women troubadours.

Retrieved from http://catherineowen.suite101.com/the-trobairitzes-a38815

Sayre, H. (2010). Discovering the humanities. (p. 153). Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.

The history of the languedoc: Occitan and occitania. (n.d.). Retrieved from

http://www.midi-france.info/1904_troubairitz.htm

Troubadours. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/troubadours.htm

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Are these two different new questions for me to answer, or one comment and one new question? In any event, the new question needs to be asked in a new thread as it is 3 pages at $10 per page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes one is the peer Question and the othere one is the IP. THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
An you ask the IP in a new question please with the due date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need this on 2/19/12.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Can you submit as a NEW question please?
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
This was a very interesting post from my classmate. I actually learned a god deal about the trobairitzes and their standing in society. It certainly seems that this post was written by a man as men don't generally seem comfortable with women expressing their own feelings in any sphere, let alone as openly as the trobairitzes did.