Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. Which of the following statements is true of education as

1. Which of the following statements is true of education as a way of changing people's behavior? (Points : 2)
The 1964 surgeon general's report on smoking and health had no effect on people's smoking behavior
The Food and Drug Administration's practice of requiring labels stating the fat content of prepared foods has had no effect on the fat content of people’s diets
The Food and Drug Administration’s practice of requiring labels stating the fat content of prepared foods has not reduced the prevalence of obesity in the United States.
Sex education in schools is not effective in reducing rates of adolescent pregnancy

2. Which of the following statements is true of regulation as a way of changing people's behavior? (Points : 2)
The Eighteenth Amendment had little effect on people's drinking behavior.
Laws requiring the use of seat belts and motorcycle helmets have little effect on highway deaths.
Laws requiring childhood immunizations have little effect on deaths from infectious diseases.
Laws requiring premarital screening for HIV infection have little effect in protecting women and children from being infected.

3. Which of the following statements is not true of the "war on drugs?" (Points : 2)
The fact that drugs are illegal does not discourage most people from using them.
The fact that drugs are illegal makes them profitable for drug dealers.
The fact that drugs are illegal contributes to corruption of the police.
The fact that drugs are illegal drives some addicts to commit crimes.

4. Which of the following statements is not true? (Points : 2)
The main reason people with high SES are healthier is that they have better access to medical care.
Married people are healthier than people who are not married.
One of the main factors that influences people's health is the size of their social network.
The social environment affects health in part through its effect on behavior.

5. Which of the following statements is not true of minority health? (Points : 2)
Infant mortality is significantly higher among African Americans and Hispanics than whites
Life expectancy is shorter for African Americans and Hispanics than whites
African Americans and Hispanics are on average poorer than whites.
African Americans and whites of the same socioeconomic status are equally healthy or unhealthy

6. High SES is not associated with which of the following factors that affect health behavior? (Points : 2)
high self efficacy
high stress
strong social support
internal locus of control

7. The model that describes five levels of influence on health behavior (interpersonal, intrapersonal, institutional, community, and public policy) is called which of the following? (Points : 2)
health belief model
ecological model
locus of control model
chain of causation

8. A program that is effective in getting people to change their health-related behavior must convey all of the following messages except: (Points : 2)
I am at risk of this disease
There is something I could do that would reduce my risk
I am not strong enough to make these changes
My friends would support these new behaviors

9. Which of the following statements is not true ? (Points : 2)
Poverty is the number one risk factor for infant mortality
The risk of infant mortality is higher for children of adolescent mothers than of older women
The infant mortality rate in the United States is lower than that in most western democracies
The Infant mortality in the United States has declined in the past two decades

10. Which of the following is not a method of preventing congenital anomalies? (Points : 2)
genetic screening
warning labels on alcoholic beverages
folic acid supplements
advising pregnant women to sleep on their backs
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)