DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

For Dxj Writer: Week One Discussion Question No. 1 "Victimless

For Dxj Writer:
Week One
Discussion Question No. 1
"Victimless or Not"

Due, Wednesday, February 15, 2012, Arizona Time, midnight

The debate continues regarding whether to decriminalize “victimless” crimes like drug offenses, helmet laws, gambling, and consensual sexual offenses, like prostitution.

a. Critics argue that attempts to treat such offenses as crimes are ineffective, lead to corruption, overburden the courts and police, and cause a lack of respect for the law.
b. Others argue that the crimes are not “victimless” and should remain a defined crime.

Please post your response to the following:

· Do the behaviors listed above affect others? Can you think of any behavior that does not affect others?

· Do you believe the state should regulate behavior that arguably does not hurt anyone, such as drug laws, helmet laws, prostitution, or gambling? Explain your answer.

Due tomorrow 75 words
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator with Just Answer. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 2 years ago.

Hi!

Thanks for your request! I'm sorry I did not see this earlier. (I teach on Tuesdays and am offline all day.) I'll have this for you shortly! DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I'd appreciate that very much!!! I want you to know I have submitted compensation for last week's help!

Thanks so much!Smile
Thanks so much!Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You still will have this assignment tonight, right?

Yes, had to do some reading on it earlier to consider it.

Are each of these questions supposed to have a 75 word minimum? Do they need references?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In total 75 word minimum and no references required
OK, thanks!

Your answers are here.

They should open in a new window.

Hope this helps! Smile DXJ

Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
Glad I could help! Thanks so much!Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thank you, XXXXX XXXXX one of the only experts in which I can depend on as far as meeting deadlines and having very accurate information! I really wish I could afford to do much more on your tips, because you surely deserve it and I feel bad that I can't being on SSI. It just doesn't afford me the leisures, that's why I am back in school to redirect my education & career! I do extra when I can and I hope that I don't make you feel unappreciated. That's why I try to request you mostly because this way I keep the questions flowing your way consistently! Please let me know if I am short in your compensation, because that is never my intention!

You're really sweet!

That just made my day!Smile I really appreciate that.

I'm glad you have found a way to pursue education and a new career!

That takes a lot of inner strength and diligence!

Best to you! DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you respond to this answer or statement below, based off of how you answered and feel about your original you gave! No requiements-just trying to keep or start a group discussion.

With the listed crimes I would have to say that they would indeed affect others. Although they may not affect people directly, their behavioral effects can have consequences of those around, or the family that loves them. And right now I can't think of any behavior that doesn't affect someone, because our actions and behavior many times reflect the ramifications that may develop as the results.
Therefore I would have to admit that I strongly feel that the state should definitely regulate behavior such as the drug laws, helmet laws, prostitution, and gambling. Because as some people argue that others aren't affected, I beg to differ. Someone engaging in drug activity can have dangerous affects on others if aggressive behavior manifest, which is common in drug use or abuse. Not wearing a helmet can be treatening for the person who may unfortunately hit the person not wearing it. Prostitution is the sexual activity for money, and many times they don't take precaution for sexual diseases that can affect many. And finally, gambling can became a habit that can lead to stealing to get money for this habit. So all of these above behaviors can affect others.

Hi! Let me think a little.............

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok,but it doesn't have to be anything majorly over the top! Simiple
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There will be another one coming your way!

How should the state and federal governments regulate the "victimless" crimes?

Should they be crimes or be civil infractions?

In Nevada, for example, prostitution is legal in certain circumstances. It is regulated by a state agency.

Is it better for the prostitute to be regulated by the state so that she/he must follow the regulations like testing, paying taxes, etc.? Would it be safer and decrease the crime rate?

NO REQUIREMENTS---JUST RESPOND TO THE ABOVE(SIMPLE)

Obviously everything any person does affects another even people beyond their own family and social circles. However, many states have raised the amount of marijuana one can have before it is criminal because of the rise in court cases related to such and the ways in which such cases can give rise to corruption within the criminal justice system. By doing so, of course, one could argue that this kind of change in the law is more aligned with DUI laws and limits.

Without a doubt, people do get hurt without helmets, but helmets are largely a personal choice. Riders are fully aware of the dangers.

If prostitution were not criminal and legalized, the health concern would be significantly lessened because laws would be enacted relative to the practice. This would also lessen the amount of human trafficking, violence, corruption and other abuses the current laws engender.

Even though gambling can become a habit, some forms of gambling are commonplace and do occur such as work betting pools on games, etc.

This is not to say organized crime betting and those affecting more people should be legalized or overlooked, this is just exploring the realities of society.

No matter what you criminalize or do not criminalize, we are all victims of something. After all,what is legal is not always moral. In fact, many behaviors that are "legal" are actually immoral and corrupt, by extension.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, did you see the other one I sent right behind the first one! If you think you can answer it tonight I will post it as a new question to you!
OK, I can answer that. Is there a specific length?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.