D. Hong Kong
2. Which of the following mainland countries of Southeast Asia was never a European colony?
C. Burma (Myanmar)
3. Which of the following statements is true of East Timor?
A. It gained independence in 1688.
B. It's a former colony of Spain.
C. It's 90 percent Buddhist.
D. It's the newest country in Southeast Asia.
4. Which of the following statements about Vietnam is true?
|A. Vietnam is no longer a communist country.|
|B. Vietnam's current level of rice exports challenges that of India.|
|C. Vietnamese farmers have long specialized in the production of Arabica coffee.|
|D. Hanoi is the main center of Vietnam's marketplace economy.|
5. Founded in 1967, ASEAN did little to foster economic cooperation until _______ proposed a free-trade area in 1991.
6. The Filipinos call it the Luzon Sea and the Vietnamese call it the East Sea, but however it's named, the _______ Sea is the world's largest sea body after the five oceans.
D. South China
7.The Indonesian name for Borneo is
C. Irian Jaya.
8. In terms of GNI PPP, excluding Singapore, the wealthiest nations of Southeast Asia are
A. Indonesia and Vietnam.
B. Cambodia and Laos.
C. Thailand and Malaysia.
D. Indonesia and the Philippines.
9. Distinguishing unique patterns of biodiversity in eastern and western areas of Southeast Asia, the Wallace Line is found between
A. Borneo to the east and Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula to the west.
B. Borneo and Sulawesi.
C. East Timor and New Guinea.
D. the South China Sea and the Philippine Sea.
10. The rise of China's naval power under Admiral Cheng-Ho occurred during the _______ dynasty.
11. Which European colonial power took control of Malaya and built the port at Singapore?
B. The United Kingdom
12. Which of the following statements is true of population and population density in Southeast Asia?
A. Population policies caused the population in China to decline during the 1950s.
B. In the Koreas and Taiwan, population densities are found in eastern coastal areas. C. More than half the population of Mongolia lives in Ulan Bator.
D. Around 70 percent of Japan's population lives in the region between Tokyo and Osaka.
13. From 800–1200, the Khmer and Mon peoples moved into the northern regions of
14. With respect to human rights issues in Southeast Asia, which statement is most accurate?
A. The leaders of the Khmer Rouge fled from Cambodia after 1979.
B. The Khmer Rouge leaders have never been brought to trial.
C. Both Cambodia and Vietnam carried out ethnic eradication programs against hill people.
D. Chinese merchants living in Cambodia and elsewhere have carried out vendettas against hill tribes.
15. Which of the following cities is located on the most densely populated island of Indonesia?
B. Kuala Lumpur
16. By the early 2000s, which country was Taiwan's third-largest trading partner? A. China B. United States C. Japan D. South Korea
17. Which of the following statements is true of Singapore?
A. Singapore is a major manufacturer of computer hard drives.
B. Singapore finally became self-governing in 1965.
C. Singapore's government condemned U.S. military actions in Afghanistan.
D. Singapore is member of the Federation of Malaysia.
18. Which of the following is true of the ethnic composition of Southeast Asia?
A. The Han Chinese comprise more than 90 percent of China's population.
B. Japanese peoples are mainly descended from mainland Asian populations.
C. About 25 percent of Mongolians are ethnic Kazakhs.
D. North and South Korea have been ethnically distinct for many centuries.
19. The Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea was established in
20. The seat of the Japanese Emperors moved from Kyoto to Edo
A. during the rule of the Samurai.
B. immediately after Edo was renamed Tokyo.
C. when Shinto became Japan's dominant religion.
D. under the Meiji Emperor. please help me with this :)