DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

Need by Sunday 12 February 2012 and NLT Monday 13 February

Need by Sunday 12 February 2012 and NLT Monday 13 February 2012. Read the following scenario:

You are an independent consultant who has recently been hired by JC’s Casino to help improve retention issues concerning the dealers and housekeepers. Most of the dealers have been leaving the casino to work at other casinos in the area, even though JC’s Casino pays better than their local competition. On several exit interviews, many of the dealers have cited the pit boss, Joe, as being “toxic, overbearing, evil, and incompetent.” Joe is the casino owner’s step-son and the HR director, Tom Sneed, is afraid to confront the owner.

Among the housekeeping staff, there has been an above normal rate of absenteeism and high turnover of rooms. Many of the managers who work in accounting, payroll, and other departments have had to ask their full-time employees to help cover for housekeeping by cleaning rooms periodically. Because of this problem, the hotel has had to adjust their check in times from 3 p.m. (the industry standard) to 6 p.m. Customers have arrived earlier and the hotel has had to accommodate them by creating a room to hold luggage. They have also had to hire staff to man the luggage room.

The director of housekeeping, Andrew Keehn, has been working hard to add more staff but he states “good help is hard to find.” The housekeeper’s current hourly wage is comparable to other casinos in the area but because of the staffing shortage, the housekeepers have to clean more rooms per day than their counterparts. The casino owner only knows that there are some issues with keeping the dealers and that some customers were upset because they had to wait to check in. You have been hired for a quick fix and your suggestions were needed yesterday.

Write a 1,400- to 1,700-word paper in which you identify each issue and make recommendations to JC, the casino president, on how to improve overall retention. What the scenario does not provide, you can create. Be sure to include the following in your assessment:

Introduction

•Evaluate at least two work motivation theories and how they can be applied in order to improve employee recruitment and retention at JC’s Casino.
•Examine possible occupational stressors that are negatively influencing recruitment and retention. What improvements would you suggest to alleviate these stressors?
•Examine the role of job satisfaction and its influence on retention at the casino. Provide recommendations for improving job satisfaction of the employees and how that can play a part in successfully improving retention.
•Discuss counterproductive employee behavior occurring at the casino. What suggestions would you make to reduce the counterproductive behavior and increase productive employee behavior?
•Conclusion

Include at least three references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Category: Homework
Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 2 years ago.

DXJAnswerMagic :

HI! Any particular source or text for this?

DXJAnswerMagic :

I can help:-)

Customer:

No.

DXJAnswerMagic :

OK, Thanks so much for letting me know! DXJ

Customer:

Just thought I would check in!

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hi there.........will get this to you later tonight. Halfway through first draft.............

DXJAnswerMagic :

Halfway through the final.......

DXJAnswerMagic :

Your answers are here and here.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hope this helps!

DXJAnswerMagic :

Looking forward to assisting you again! DXJ

Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students