BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning.

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.

At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.

The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.

Discuss the following questions with your peers:

•What forces contributed to the cultural makeup of early civilizations?
•What social issues arose because of this cultural makeup?
•What were the main cultural influences on early civilizations?
•Do you believe that revisionist history is a good thing or a bad thing? Explain your response.
Suggestions for Responding to Peer Posts

Review the post of a peer, whose position regarding revisionist history was different than your own, and address the following questions:

•Do any of the student's statements make you reconsider your position? If so, which ones made you change your mind?
•If not, what additional points can you make to directly refute your peer's statements?
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2/8/12 3-4 par.

DB 1:

As you begin working on this first discussion a few important tips and reminders:

Ø Remember that the key to academic writing, research, and analysis is to fully address all required questions using specific, detailed, and documented examples.

Ø Guess work, opinion, and observations lacking support based on sources that reflect university and academic level work does not reflect such requirements.

Ø As you work to complete the questions for this week be mindful to ensure that you focus on the critical connections between each as the questions are all interconnected and should be approached accordingly.

Questions to consider when working to address the required points of analysis for this week of discussion :

Ø What forces contributed to the cultural makeup of early civilizations ?

o Be sure to define specific forces

o Be sure to fully connect those forces to the cultural makeup of early civilizations

o Be sure to define the civilizations in focus-in this case we are focused on Mesopotamia

§ It is important to keep focus on the required area to demonstrate your quality of understanding and analysis of the topic each week

o Be sure to use very specific examples to show each at work

§ How did each force you included in your discussion specifically impact cultural makeup ?

§ What specific examples can you show to demonstrate such influence ?

Ø What social issues arose because of this cultural makeup ?

o How did the forces you specifically outlined produce social issues ?

o What specific social issues arose due to the cultural makeup of early civilizations ?

o How did one produce the other ?

Ø What were the main cultural influences on early civilizations ?

o Using the forces and social issues already outlined-how did each influence cultural makeup ?

o In specific terms, what is the relationship of each to cultural makeup ?

o And in turn, how can you demonstrate how forces and social issues impacted cultural makeup ?

Ø Do you believe that revisionist history is a good or a bad thing ? Explain your response.

o What is revisionist history ?

§ A reminder that dictionary definitions are not appropriate for reference and citation

§ When building an academic based definition-use a variety of sources

§ Do not simply quote and cite a dictionary as that is not appropriate use of the resource

o What specifically does it mean ?

o How can you apply the theory to the topics at hand in this Unit of work ? and this DB ?

Ø As you work to complete these points of discussion, please remain mindful of the requirements of the course outlined in the course expectations and course rubric. For further details, please review the course rubric and expectations listed in the course announcements area of our classroom.

Ø Highlights:

o use a minimum of 3 resources appropriate for university level work (sources like those found in our Library )

o include required introduction, transitions and a conclusion

o include both in text citations and a list of resources reflective of APA Guidelines

o follow all APA Guidelines (spacing, formatting, and otherwise)

o provide specific and detailed examples based on documented sources

o fully address all required questions

o ensure that all posts are substantive (i.e. substantial in nature and that focus on the required points of focus)

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Here is your answer. Please send peer posts as soon as available. Thank you!
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Similary Score was 69%. 30% and under

You have a very nice and well documented post, I would have to agree with you also that social cultures have a separate population due to literacy and wealth, some would agree that mothers are idealized due to giving birth, I also read that some cultures are hard on the mothers, depending on whether she gave birth to a boy or a girl, keep up the good, I look forward in reading more post, and working with you throughout our class. Thanks June

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you going to redue the DB.THANKS

30% and under

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I included that as the first line of my reply... Did you get it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I am sorry.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Thanks!