Judy Bailey
Judy Bailey,
Experience:  Teacher at Sonoma County Schools

Hi was just wondering if you could help me out with this short

Hi was just wondering if you could help me out with this short story assignment. It is a very short story called The Weapon by Fredric Brown(1906-1972). There are 13 questions I have answered the ones that I think I have the idea of and left the ones that I don't have a clue. Please also check my answers to see if I am right or maybe needs to be worded differently and help to fill in the blanks. Thank You.
The link to the story is:
The link to the questions and answers is:
Sure, I can help. When do you need this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
for tomorrow morning
I can help, but if it is possible, can you give me more time in the future? Also, do you use the British spellings such as organize or organise up there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i normally would unfortunately we were given it today and have to finish for tomorrows class so there was no real time delay on it sorry yes we do use somewhat of the british spelling organize

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I noticed that the second part of question 2 you did not leave a answer to would you agree that yes it would be an appropriate term for the story as it symbolizes how Mr. Nieman thinks of Dr.Graham or would you have a better way of explaining in a better sentence use as I think my thought is on the right track.

• 2. Who is the "idiot" Dr. Graham refers to in the conclusion? Why is it still an appropriate term for the story?
Oops ... should have checked myself. I think that Dr. Graham is the idiot to whom the title refers.

1. Dr. Graham is actually referring to himself as a representative of science which has no human feelings and would not recognize the insanity or idiocy of creating a weapon that would end the world. It is appropriate because of the mental abilities of his son which should make the son the idiot. It is irony.