Carla D.
Carla D., Tutor
Experience:  GPA 4.0 in English, extensive experience tutoring
30280873

"Western Civilization" Q1. Compare and contrast the Eastern

"Western Civilization" Q1. Compare and contrast the Eastern and Western halves of the Roman Empire and examine the development of the unique Byzantine culture. Discuss this in terms of social, political, and economic structures.

200-300 words min.

Q2. Discuss the spread of Christianity in the late antiquity. What changes and developments came with the growth of Christianity.

200-300 words min.

Thanks Carla !!
Category: Homework
Expert:  Carla D. replied 5 years ago.

Carla D. :

Hi! I just got this and would like to help you, but would have to start tomorrow; when is this due? Regards, Carla

Customer:

Tomorrow will be fine, thanks and enjoy your weekend.

Expert:  Gwyn replied 5 years ago.
Hi there. Carla had to opt out of this due to a family emergency. I will work on these for you. Do you need outside references? If so, do you need a specific format (APA, MLA) for the citations?

Thanks,

Gwyn
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

any style would be great great and references as well. Thanks

V/r Terrance

Expert:  Gwyn replied 5 years ago.
Great! I'll have these ready for you later today.

Expert:  Gwyn replied 5 years ago.
Hi there. My apologies, but it looks like I must opt out, too. I'm sending this other experts in hopes that they will be able to help you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok Thank you !

/regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.

200-300 words min.

200-300 words min.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, I'm still waiting for a reply for the questions and thanks for quickly responding. I've had two others thus far back out for some reason or another. Thanks

/r Terrance

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. Standing by !

/r Terrance

Expert:  Carla D. replied 5 years ago.
Hi! Can you tell me when you need this and I will glad to help ypu, forgive me for opting out at first, I was involved in a car iaccident. Everything Ok now and I would be honored to help you!
Expert:  Carla D. replied 5 years ago.

The Eastern and Western Schism of Rome

The Roman Empire might be the single most spacious area of conquest the world has known.. The Pax Romana (Roman Peace) included countries from the Orient to Europe. In the end, it became too unwieldy for a single man to rule. The empire cracked apart, leaving a heavily dichotomous Western and Eastern Rome.

The Empire was heavily agrarian but after the split, most of the good land went to the East, while the smaller countries of the West quarreled over food. The cohesiveness of the country fell apart after continuing raids by barbarians. The captive areas lost their sense of unity and started speaking the language of their conquerors, as well as worshipping their "pagan" gods. The citizens of Western Rome lost their traditional language, religion and pride.

In contrast, Eastern Rome did just fine. Blessed with fertile land and few enemies, Eastern Rome (later called Byzantium) thrived. Unlike its sister countries in the West, they retained the money and the resources to attract intellectuals and artists. They spoke Greek uniformly, as Christianity took over as the state religion.

The Constantine Empire carried on as the inheritor of Greek theological thinking, architecture, and language for hundreds of years, long after the Western Romans had reverted to paganism, cruelty and dust.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080618183944AARnVO

Her is the first part of th question, will write up the second part later

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK Thanks Carla !

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hope you are well.

Expert:  Carla D. replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Carla D., Tutor
Experience: GPA 4.0 in English, extensive experience tutoring