BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

This question involves a middle school science experiment.

This question involves a middle school science experiment. I try to not to get involved with these things, but I have a crying kid. Her experiment is "Do antibacterial products remove 99.9% of bacteria?" She ordered an online kit with petri dishes, agar, nutrients, and sterile swabs. The agar came in a bottle. She heated it up and poured it into the petri dishes. She sampled "stuff" from a counter top that had been cleaned with different antibacterial products. She had a control sample from an area that wasn't cleaned. She made a homemade incubator. She placed the petri dishes in a black covered box and put a small heater near the dishes. Both times, the agar cracked and was dry. The first time she tried it, a few of the dishes dried up and some did grow something. She tried it again and they all dried up. It is due on Monday. Any suggestion for this to work if she tries it again. I don't remember anything from microbiology to help her. Is it too late to try this again? Is there a way to do this experiment in a shorter time frame (some other indicator of bacteria/different kind of nutrients, etc)?
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.