Dr. Amit
Dr. Amit, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MBBS, Technical Analyst, CFTE, Net Researcher, Assisted many with H.Work of various fields
12193477

For Dr. Amit: Question 25 A loaf of bread is normally

For Dr. Amit:

Question 25

A loaf of bread is normally distributed with a mean of 22 oz and a standard deviation of 0.5 oz. What is the probability that a loaf is larger than 21 oz? Round your answer to four places after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 26

A life insurance company wants to estimate their annual payouts. Assume that the probability distribution of the lifetimes of the participants is approximately a normal distribution with a mean of 68 years and a standard deviation of 4 years. What proportion of the plan recipients would receive payments beyond age 75? Round your answer to four places after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 27

The drying rate in an industrial process is dependent on many factors and varies according to the following distribution.

Compute the mean drying time. Use two places after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 28

An automotive center keeps tracks of customer complaints received each week. The probability distribution for complaints can be represented as a table or a graph, both shown below. The random variable xi represents the number of complaints, and p(xi) is the probability of receiving xi complaints.

xi
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
p(xi)
.10
.15
.18
.20
.20
.10
.07

What is the average number of complaints received per week? Round your answer to two places after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 29

An investor is considering 4 different opportunities, A, B, C, or D. The payoff for each opportunity will depend on the economic conditions, represented in the payoff table below.

Economic Condition
Poor Average Good Excellent
Investment (S1) (S2) (S3) (S4)
A 50 75 20 30
B 80 15 40 50
C -100 300 -50 10
D 25 25 25 25

If the probabilities of each economic condition are 0.5, 0.1, 0.35, and 0.05 respectively, what is the highest expected payoff?
Answer
5 points
Question 30

The local operations manager for the IRS must decide whether to hire 1, 2, or 3 temporary workers. He estimates that net revenues will vary with how well taxpayers comply with the new tax code.

If he is conservative, how many new workers will he hire?
Answer
5 points
Question 31

Given the following random number ranges and the following random number sequence: 62, 13, 25, 40, 86, 93, determine the average demand for the following distribution of demand.

Demand
Random
Number Ranges
5
00-14
6
15-44
7
45-69
8
70-84
9
85-99
Answer
5 points
Question 32

Given the following data on the number of pints of ice cream sold at a local ice cream store for a 6-period time frame:

Compute a 3-period moving average for period 4. Use two places after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 33

The following data summarizes the historical demand for a product

Month
Actual Demand
March
20
April
25
May
40
June
35
July
30
August
45

If the forecasted demand for June, July and August is 32, 38 and 42, respectively, what is MAPD? Write your answer in decimal form and not in percentages. For example, 15% should be written as 0.15. Use three significant digits after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 34

Consider the following annual sales data for 2001-2008.

Year
Sales
2001
2
2002
4
2003
10
2004
8
2005
14
2006
18
2007
17
2008
20

Calculate the correlation coefficient . Use four significant digits after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 35

This is the data from the last 4 weeks:

Use the equation of the regression line to forecast the increased sales for when the number of ads is 10.
Answer
5 points
Question 36

The following sales data are available for 2003-2008.

Determine a 4-year weighted moving average forecast for 2009, where weights are W1 = 0.1, W2 = 0.2, W3 = 0.2 and W4 = 0.5.
Answer
5 points
Question 37

The following sales data are available for 2003-2008 :

Year
Sales
Forecast
2003
7
9
2004
12
10
2005
14
15
2006
20
22
2007
16
18
2008
25
21

Calculate the absolute value of the average error. Use three significant digits after the decimal.

Answer
5 points
Question 38

Given the following data, compute the MAD for the forecast.

Year Demand Forecast
2001
16
18
2002
20
19
2003
18
24
Answer
5 points
Question 39

Robert wants to know if there is a relation between money spent on gambling and winnings.

What is the coefficient of determination? Use two significant places after the decimal.
Answer
5 points
Question 40

Daily highs in Sacramento for the past w
Category: Homework
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 2 years ago.
Alright.
I got it . All is well.
Question 40 though again appears to have cut off.
EDIT: You appeared to have posted cut off questions in previous question thread. I got it

I will solve and let you know asap.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thank you. Here is the whole of question 40 if you need it.Daily highs in Sacramento for the past week (from least to most recent) were: 95, 102, 101, 96, 95, 90 and 92. Develop a forecast for today using a weighted moving average, with weights of .6, .3 and .1, where the highest weights are applied to the most recent data. The answer is supposed to be typed. There are no multiple choice options for this question. Thanks once again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Question 25

1. A loaf of bread is normally distributed with a mean of 22 oz and a standard deviation of 0.5 oz. What is the probability that a loaf is larger than 21 oz? Round your answer to four places after the decimal.
    Answer

5 points

Question 26

1. A life insurance company wants to estimate their annual payouts. Assume that the probability distribution of the lifetimes of the participants is approximately a normal distribution with a mean of 68 years and a standard deviation of 4 years. What proportion of the plan recipients would receive payments beyond age 75? Round your answer to four places after the decimal.
    Answer

5 points

Question 27

1. The drying rate in an industrial process is dependent on many factors and varies according to the following distribution.

Answer

5 points

Question 28

1. An automotive center keeps tracks of customer complaints received each week. The probability distribution for complaints can be represented as a table or a graph, both shown below. The random variable xi represents the number of complaints, and p(xi) is the probability of receiving xi complaints.

xi

0

1

2

3

4

5

6

p(xi)

.10

.15

.18

.20

.20

.10

.07

Answer

5 points

Question 29

1. An investor is considering 4 different opportunities, A, B, C, or D. The payoff for each opportunity will depend on the economic conditions, represented in the payoff table below.

Economic Condition
    Poor Average Good Excellent
    Investment (S1) (S2) (S3) (S4)
    A 50 75 20 30
    B 80 15 40 50
    C -100 300 -50 10
    D 25 25 25 25

Answer

5 points

Question 30

1. The local operations manager for the IRS must decide whether to hire 1, 2, or 3 temporary workers. He estimates that net revenues will vary with how well taxpayers comply with the new tax code.

Answer

5 points

Question 31

1. Given the following random number ranges and the following random number sequence: 62, 13, 25, 40, 86, 93, determine the average demand for the following distribution of demand.

Demand

Random

Number Ranges

5

00-14

6

15-44

7

45-69

8

70-84

9

85-99

Answer

5 points

Question 32

1. Given the following data on the number of pints of ice cream sold at a local ice cream store for a 6-period time frame:

Answer

5 points

Question 33

1. The following data summarizes the historical demand for a product

Month

Actual Demand

March

20

April

25

May

40

June

35

July

30

August

45

Answer

5 points

Question 34

1. Consider the following annual sales data for 2001-2008.

Year

Sales

2001

2

2002

4

2003

10

2004

8

2005

14

2006

18

2007

17

2008

20

Answer

5 points

Question 35

1. This is the data from the last 4 weeks:

Answer

5 points

Question 36

1. The following sales data are available for 2003-2008.

Answer

5 points

Question 37

1. The following sales data are available for 2003-2008 :

Year

Sales

Forecast

2003

7

9

2004

12

10

2005

14

15

2006

20

22

2007

16

18

2008

25

21

Answer

5 points

Question 38

1. Given the following data, compute the MAD for the forecast.

Year Demand Forecast

2001

16

18

2002

20

19

2003

18

24

Answer

5 points

Question 39

1. Robert wants to know if there is a relation between money spent on gambling and winnings.

Answer

5 points

Question 40

1. Daily highs in Sacramento for the past week (from least to most recent) were: 95, 102, 101, 96, 95, 90 and 92. Develop a forecast for today using a weighted moving average, with weights of .6, .3 and .1, where the highest weights are applied to the most recent data.
    Answer

5 points

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Dr. Amit, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: MBBS, Technical Analyst, CFTE, Net Researcher, Assisted many with H.Work of various fields
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 2 years ago.
I hope you have seen the answers.
One question is without any data. If you need help with that too, reply me with data.

I hope this helped.
- Kindly Click the green "ACCEPT" button on this answer, so that i get paid by the website, for answering you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The data for question 35 is :

This is the data from the last four weeks:
Number of Ads:
16
12
18
14

INcreased sales:
330
270
380
300

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 2 years ago.
Alright...I have updated the file in that download link.
Kindly download from above download link (same previous one) and see the answer for question 35

That solves all your questions
I hope this helped.