Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Question 1 of 20 Which of the following selections contains

Question 1 of 20
Which of the following selections contains a fragment? If none of the selections contains a fragment, select "Correct."
A. To prepare for the 10K race.
B. Eric eliminated greasy foods from his diet and began eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
C. He also began getting at least eight hours of sleep every night.
D. Correct
Question 2 of 20
Identify the complete sentence.
A. Because David grew up in a single-parent household.
B. Growing up in a single-parent household.
C. David grew up in a single-parent household.
D. Like David growing up in a single-parent household.
Question 3 of 20
Which of the following selections contains a run-on? If none of the selections contains a run-on, select "Correct."
A. Everyone praised Matthew for his will power.
B. He quit smoking five years ago, he still craves a cigarette from time to time.
C. Addictions are hard to break.
D. Correct
Question 4 of 20
Identify the complete sentence that is correctly punctuated.
A. Most people support the sex offender registry, I worry that this information will promote discrimination.
B. Most people support the sex offender registry; and I worry that this information will promote discrimination.
C. Most people support the sex offender registry; this information will promote discrimination.
D. No complete sentence with correct punctuation
Question 5 of 20
Identify the sentence with correct subject-verb agreement.
A. Although the trend is shifting, careers in science and technology continue to attract predominately men.
B. Although the trend is shifting, careers in science and technology continues to attract predominately men.
C. Neither of the two women who responded to my personal ad seem like a suitable match for my outgoing, athletic nature.
D. Neither of the two women who responded to my personal ad look like a suitable match for my outgoing, athletic nature.
Reset Selection
Question 6 of 20
A. Dental veneers made of porcelain or plastic can covers chipped, stained, or crooked teeth.
B. Dental veneers made of porcelain or plastic can hides chipped, stained, or crooked teeth.
C. One of the athletes in the weightlifting competition was disqualified for using an anabolic steroid.
D. One of the athletes in the weightlifting competition were disqualified for using an anabolic steroid.
Question 7 of 20
Identify the sentence with correct pronoun agreement.
A. I know who parks his car illegally in the stall reserved for the provost.
B. I know whom parks his car illegally in the stall reserved for the provost.
C. Everyone at the building permit office wanted their application to be processed within a few working days.
D. Everyone at the building permit office wanted their applications to be processed within a few working days.
Question 8 of 20
A. Some people hate to leave messages on voice mail because you dislike talking into a machine.
B. Some people hate to leave messages on voice mail because she dislike talking into a machine.
C. At the last minute, him and his friends decided to take a trip to Las Vegas.
D. At the last minute, he and his friends decided to take a trip to Las Vegas.
Reset Selection

Question 9 of 20
Identify the sentence with the correct adjective or adverb.
A. Dorie is the short person in the room, standing at just five feet tall.
B. My mother has five children, and I am the oldest.
C. Habanero chilies are more hotter than jalapeno peppers.
D. Although Ralph's panic attacks were bad, his neuroses were worst.
Reset Selection
Question 10 of 20
A. I have little to offer, but you have lesser.
B. If Dennis were least obnoxious, potential clients might find him more approachable.
C. I need a haircut badly.
D. The summer solstice is the most longest day of the year.
Reset Selection
Question 11 of 20
Identify which of the following sentences uses modifiers correctly.
A. Kurt and his hockey teammates nearly cooked two hundred pancakes for the breakfast fundraising event.
B. Rudolph enjoys eating curries from the Indian delicatessen with a lot of spices.
C. On the phone, the telemarketer persuaded the new homeowners to purchase extended warranties on all their new appliances.
D.Bridget decided to leave her career as an attorney and pursue acting during the meditation retreat.
Question 12 of 20
Indicate whether the underlined words or groups of words need capital or lower case letters by selecting the best choice. If an underlined section is correct, select "No change." "Hush little baby," my grandfather would often whisper softly to me, "Don't say a word."
A. "don't say a word."
B. "Don't Say A Word."
C. "Don't Say a Word."
D. No change
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)