BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer

hypothesis (or hypotheses) Less sleep among college students

Customer Question

hypothesis (or hypotheses)

Less sleep among college students attribute to poor grades and academic failure versus students who get 8-9 hours of sleep.

Facebook usage will decrease a student’s GPA and study time.

STATE: important variables
 measurement process for variables
 sample

whether you might be able to combine your questions with other people in the class .... any ethical issues that you foresee and how you might address them

ANSWER QUESTIONS BELOW (After reading each of the research scenarios described above, address potential ethical issues that are present. Your initial response should address each of the scenarios. Please note that your responses should be original)

1.You plan to study the effects of competition on the ability to solve math problems. Half the students will be told that you want to see what approach they take is solving math problems. The other half will be told that you want to see which person chooses the best approach.

2.You plan to compare the intellectual skills of retired people with those of sophomores. To recruit sophomores, you plan to arrange for volunteers to receive an A in their psychology class, and for nonvolunteers to have their grade lowered. To recruit retired people, you plan to go to a retirement community each evening next week, knock on people’s doors and ask them to work some puzzles without explaining all the details of the study because most would not understand.

3.You plan to compare marijuana use in college freshman and seniors. Because you may want to re-interview some participants later, you plan to write their names and phone numbers on their data sheets. You plan to promise confidentiality so that participants will trust you and to keep the data in your room in a locked file.

4.You plan to study the effects of educational (cable) TV curriculum on learning. You give access to the cable TV program to 100 homes with 5 year olds whose parents want their child to watch the TT curriculum daily. You get permission to test these 100 children in 2 months, along with 100 matched control children who will not have access to the cable TV.

5.To study self esteem in children, you plan to have 8 year olds draw a picture of themselves and their friends, and to answer some questions, and provide their responses without their names or other unique identifiers. You plan to ask a teacher friend of yours to let you test some of her students.

6.To study how college students respond to the death of a parent, you plan to survey students in several classes to learn who has lost a parent in the last ten years. You plan to recruit these students and interview them about what happened to their parents and how they coped with the death.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

I hope you are doing well. I would be happy to assist you. Please give me some details about exactly what you would need me to do for you, and when this is do.

Once I hear back from you I would be happy to help.

Thank you kindly

Lisa

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
these are my hypotheses and for both of them we need to state important variables, measurment processes for variables and a sample. Also whether you might be able to combine your questions with other people in the class .... any ethical issues that you foresee and how you might address them

ANSWER QUESTIONS BELOW (After reading each of the research scenarios described above, address potential ethical issues that are present. Your initial response should address each of the scenarios. Please note that your responses should be original) These below would be using possible ethical issues such as.
  • Benefits of the Research
  • Responsibility
  • Physical and Psychological Risks
  • Deception
  • Reducing Risk and/or Minimizing Harm
  • Informed Consent
  • Privacy
  • Summary of Results
I mean I am really not sure how to do this, I guess for each question you state if it can or can't be done and why.

hello,
Thank you for sending me your additional information. I wanted to have the best understanding of what you needed. I can make an explanation for each question, addressing the list provided, and give a brief explanation why, if you think that is what you need. I am swamped tonight. I can have this answered and posted for you tomorrow afternoon. If you need this before then just let me know and I will opt out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there anyway you can have it done by tomorrow morning?
I am sorry, I have a few large assignment that I am working on today. I will opt out so that someone else may help you. If you are still in need of help tomorrow, feel free to contact me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
k that is fine, i will do that. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
anyone who would be willing to help me with this would be greatly appreciated,,,, kinda in a hurry for it
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length for each of the questions you listed above. Is there anything else you need? Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like this done asap and as far as length just answering the questions completely according to what is stated.
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will start working on this now, and should have it done sometime after dinner. SmileThank you!
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Here is your answer. I hope this is what you were looking for? Please be sure to ACCEPT as soon as satisfied, and please consider adding a bonus for super work. It is always warmly appreciated! Smile Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
those look great, can you help me with this part now...

hypothesis (or hypotheses)

(STATE): important variables
measurement process for variables
sample

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer