DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students

Hello againQuestion is due on 02/01/12The goal of public

Hello again

Question is due on 02/01/12

The goal of public health is to prevent injury and disease. The goal of businesses is to sell their products whether those products are healthy or pose a health risk.

If a business advertises in ways that encourage people to act in an unhealthy or unsafe way, what is the best way for public health to address this risk? As shown in Box 26 of the textbook (pp. 340–341) and elsewhere in Chapter 9, efforts at shaping the public’s views can sometimes cross legal or ethical boundaries, and this has occurred even at the highest levels of government.

Select one kind of product that is advertised that poses health risks, such as cigarettes, alcohol, guns, or high-caloric/high-fat foods. What approach would you advise to counter this risk? What are legal and ethical issues that might arise in creating social marketing around this product or advertising?

1) Identify the kind of product you have selected.
-I selected can foods, research shows that they are bad for, usually have hidden ingredients- hidden and high sodium content-some chemicals

2) Which of the following policies would be most effective while also being legally and ethically appropriate? Select one from the list below and justify your response.

-I'm thinking A. Restrict advertising of the unhealthy product.Like campbell soup

A. Restrict advertising of the unhealthy product.

B. Conduct counter social marketing (i.e., take the opposite point of view).

C. Require a disclosure (such as clear menu labels).

D. Prohibit all advertising of the product.

Public Health Law: Power, Duty, Restraint

Chapter 9, “Health, Communication, and Behavior”

AND OTHER Resources like articles
Sounds good! I can help:-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you know why there is an icon on up top saying i need to relist?
No, I do not. It's still open and I am working on it.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.