Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

The benefit of a vivid, engaging, and convincing strategic

The benefit of a vivid, engaging, and convincing strategic vision is (Points : 1)
its ability to crystallize top management’s own view about the company’s long-term direction.
that it reduces the risk of rudderless decision making by managers at all levels of the organization.
that it helps an organization prepare for the future.
its ability to unite company personnel behind managerial efforts to get the company moving in the intended direction.
All of these are important benefits of an effective strategic vision.
Which of the following are characteristics of an effectively-worded strategic vision statement?
Graphic, directional, and focused
Challenging, competitive, and “set in concrete”
Balanced, responsible, and rational
Realistic, customer-focused, and market-driven
Achievable, profitable, and ethical
Top management’s views about where the company is headed and its future product-customer-market-technology will be
indicates what kind of business model the company is going to have in the future.
constitutes their strategic vision for the company.
signals what the firm’s strategy will be.
serves to define the company’s mission.
indicates what the company’s long-term strategic plan is.
What separates companies that make a sincere effort to be good corporate citizens from companies that are content to do only what is legally required of them (Points : 1)
are shareholders who insist that senior executives practice corporate citizenship and social responsibility.
is a strong board of directors that is committed to avoiding ethical scandals.
are company leaders who believe that making a profit is not good enough and that performance should also include social and environmental metrics.
is pressure from customers who expect the companies they do business with to be socially responsible in their actions.
is pressure from employees who want to be proud of the company they work for.
The purpose of managing by walking around is to
learn more about company operations and see how activities are really being done.
gather information about what is happening from people at different organizational levels and learn firsthand how well the strategy execution process is proceeding.
give employees a chance to make suggestions for improvement.
gather information about what strategy to follow and to learn what competitors are doing.
be visible and accessible to employees.
Management’s strategic vision for an organization
charts a strategic course for the organization (“where we are going”) and outlines the company’s future product-customer-market-technology focus.
describes in fairly specific terms the organization’s business model, strategic objectives, and strategy.
spells out how the company will become a big moneymaker and boost shareholder value.
addresses the critical issue of “why our business model needs to change and how we plan to change it.”
spells out the organization’s strategic moves that will be undertaken to achieve competitive advantage.
Company objectives
are needed only in those areas directly related to a company’s short-term and long-term profitability.
need to be broken down into performance targets for each of its separate businesses, product lines, functional departments, and individual work units.
play the important role of establishing the direction in which it needs to be headed.
are important because they help guide managers in deciding what the company’s Strategy Map should look like.
should be set in a manner that does not conflict with the performance targets of lower-level organizational units.
A company’s strategy is a “work in progress” and evolves over time because of
the ongoing need of company managers to react and respond to changing industry and competitive conditions.
the ongoing need to imitate the new strategic moves of the industry leaders.
the need to make regular adjustments in the company’s strategic vision.
the importance of developing a fresh strategic plan every year.
the frequent need to modify key elements of the company’s business model.
A company’s realized strategy is made up of
deliberate/planned initiatives that have proven themselves in the marketplace and newly launched initiatives aimed at further boosting performance.
emergent/reactive adjustments to unanticipated strategic moves by rivals, unexpected changes in customer preferences and new market opportunities.
management’s tactical plans to imitate the key elements of the strategies employed by rivals.
Both A and B.
All of these.
Putting constructive pressure on the organization to achieve good results and operating excellence entails
setting stretch objectives and creating
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!