DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

Short Discussion for Leadership Class: We will spend the

I ask you the simple question: As you begin Chapter 3 do you see leaders in your world. Describe you leader in terms of Figure 2-1, page 26, of the text. Now share with the class what you think.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hi! Could you clarify this question please? Are you asking wheterh you see leaders around you and which traits or qualities they have from the chart?

DXJAnswerMagic :

Is there a word count for this? Looking forward to your reply! DXJ

Customer:

There is no word count its just a discussion board post. Here is an example of what someone else wrote:

Customer:

I think many of the aspects of the A-O-R model are internal for each individual and difficult to initially observe from the outside. As any person goes through experiences, they will interpret it differently. I think how they interpret it is how they traits begin to translate into leadership. I look at the Spiral of Experience, and instead of a spiral, I see a succession of circles, each falling within the last with only a faint dotted line connecting them. As we travel through these experiences, we can stay on the one circle over and over again without observing, reflecting, and acting in a way that induces growth. It is only when those internal aspects occur can we move to the subsequent circle, leading to growth as a leader. Often times, I would imagine that such transitions are more external than internal; the individual may not have even noticed that they’ve taken a major step towards growth, but we may all see it from the outside.

I know that I’ve dodged your main question here, but the perceived intangibles that make up a leader may merely be a mirage. Dissecting the author’s definition of a leader and using the A-O-R model to pick up the traits a leader exhibits takes a detailed and personal knowing of the individual.

Customer:

So just whatever you think: Go with it :) Im a bit confused as well, this teacher is all over the place

DXJAnswerMagic :

:-) Ok, thanks1

DXJAnswerMagic :

Try this

DXJAnswerMagic :

It should opne in a new window.

DXJAnswerMagic :

Hope this helps! DXJ