BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer

Unit 4 Discussion Board Deliverable Length: 2–3 paragraphs

Unit 4 Discussion Board
Deliverable Length: 2–3 paragraphs
Details: The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.

At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.

The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.

Books and computer-software products sell effectively on the Web. Publishers and third parties sell both from sleek Web sites all over the world.

Interview a consumer from each of the following age groups:

•18–25 years old
•26–45 years old
•46 years or above (you may vary the ages slightly)
MAIN DISCUSSION POST: Due by Sunday

Determine which they purchase more of online: books or software. Be sure to find out reasons behind their answers.

Then, address the following questions:

•Do they prefer buying from Web sites and having products delivered?
•Is shopping at a bricks and mortar establishment preferable?
•Do they do a little of both: online shopping and bricks and mortar?
For your post, compare and contrast responses. What are the implications for sellers (3 paragraphs total for the post)?

Your main post on the discussion must be submitted by Sunday.

INTERACTIVE RESPONSES: Due by Sunday

Select 2 of your classmates’ posts, and reply to each with a critique of their analysis and how it applies to concepts being studied this week.

Your replies to at least 2 other student posts must be submitted by Sunday.

You will be graded on the quality and interactivity of your work. The use of unoriginal text and excessive quotes indicates a lack of comprehension and shows that you may not have mastered the concepts.

Submitting all your posts in one sitting or within a compressed time period will adversely affect your interactivity.
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Well, today is 1/25... I will try to get this done as soon as I can. Thanks! BMW
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Here is your answer. Please send peer posts to comment on when they are available. Thanks!
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kikki Fant

American Intercontinental University

Channels and Communications

MKTG305-1201A-03

Marketing Management

Project Type: Unit 4 Discussion Board

1/23/2012

Ariale is in the age group 18 to 25 years old and reads on a regular basis. She says she prefers to purchase books online. Ariale is not big on computer software and this is why she prefers books over software to purchase online. Ariale says that most of the time she purchases books online because she can find the book of her choice cheaper and more convenient than going to a book store. She states that it is easier to find books online than in a store because of all of the different choices you can input as far as the information on the book. She says you can select if it is a fiction or non-fiction, you can break it down by authors, and categories etc. Ariale also prefers to shop at a brick and mortar establishment because she can see and read the books beforehand.

Martinez is in the age group 26 to 45 years old and he purchases more software online than books. Martinez states that he do not prefer to buy online and have products delivered to him. He says that he does not have the patience for deliveries and there is a greater chance of something happening to the product. He only orders online if he absolutely have to. Martinez likes to shop at a bricks and mortar establishment because of instant gratification. He shops online and at a bricks and mortar because he says it is necessary.

Glen is in the age group 46 plus years and he purchases software online. Glen says he is not a reader and there for do not purchase books online or at a brick and mortar establishment. He does purchase software and prefers to buy online and have it delivered versus going to a bricks and mortar establishment. He says he likes the convenience of purchasing online because he can find products at a cheaper price without the hassle of going to a store. Glen says if he is not able to find what he is looking for online then he will go to a bricks and mortar to buy it. Glen states he doesn't like large crowds and long lines and this is why he prefers to shop online.

Out of the three interviews there is one that would shop online and at a brick and mortar, one that would shop at a brick and mortar, and then one who shops online. I consider this a mixed comparison because the two that shops online does this for convenience and for better prices. The other doesn't shop online because they don't like to wait to get their product they have just purchased and also is afraid of something happening to the product in the shipping process. So the implication for sellers is that they may have 75% of their customers shopping online and another 25% actually purchasing at the store. This implies that if they do not have a website or supply chain where their customers can purchase their products online they may want to consider setting up marketing logistics (Kotler & Keller, 2009).

References

Kotler P., Keller K. L., (2009). Marketing Management, A Step by Step Approach. (14th ed.). New York: Prentice Hall.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.