Chris Parker
Chris Parker, Problem Solver
Experience:  Master of Computer Applications (MCA). BSc in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science.

Western Civ - History - Ancient Egypt has fascinated many due

Western Civ - History - Ancient Egypt has fascinated many due to the survival of its rich history. Around the turn of the 19th century, archaelogists and adventure seekers began to unearth undistrubed tombs which provided more understanding and intrigue of one of the greatest civilizations known to man. However, in the 1890s, researchers and scholars began to argue concerning the racial identity of Ancient Egyptians. Many scholars insistantly argued that they were white and not colored and attempted to prove it using science to provide evidence. This came about the same time Europeans powers began to assert their control and power globally.

From a world history perspective, the most noticeable trend in the history of the late 19th century was the domination of Europeans over Non-Europeans. The New Imperialism Era saw the domination of Western Civilization. This domination took many forms ranging from economic penetration to outright annexation.The Berlin Conference of 1884-1885 sought to regulate the competition between the powers by defining "effective occupation" as the criterion for international recognition of a territory claim. No area of the globe, however remote from Europe, was free of European merchants, adventurers, explorers or western missionaries. As an example, by 1902 90% of Africa was under European control including Egypt who was "effectively occupied" by Great Britain. Ruyard Kipling, author of the Jungle Book, penned a justification of this in his poem, "White Man's Burden."

After reading about Ancient Europe in your coursebook, reading the articles and watching the videos in the unit discussion folder, and after much critical thinking and study, what can we learn about race and color in Ancient Egypt, and what "race" or color could the Ancient Egyptians have been? Furthermore, what were the underlying factors of Europe's turn of the century conquests, and why was the racial identity of Ancient Egyptians important for this effort? Create a post that answers these questions in a concise, yet thoughtful manner.

You must submit one primary response to the question above. Must be at least five sentences in length if not more and supported with historical facts and critical thinking. Please use Chicago style of citation if you quote anything however I will also accept MLA and APA. Primary responses must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on 1/27.

I have uploaded some documents on box.com that may help with this.

http://www.box.com/s/drip1dlj0f7a8hsyg8eo
http://www.box.com/s/8z3ibadhyeier69pzd9d

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris Parker replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

You need external references as well?

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The assignment does not specifically address this so I think we're open to do as we wish so long as must be at least five sentences in length if not more and supported with historical facts and critical thinking. Please use Chicago style of citation if you quote anything however I will also accept MLA and APA.
Ok. You mentioned your deadline as 27th. I can complete by tomorrow. Hope that works for you.

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That will be wonderful and if you're interested, there will probably be several more of these over the next couple of months based upon your expertise and your availability. Earlier is even better and I do pay bonuses!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is a link to a folder I created on box.com which contains additional information you may want or need for this response:

http://www.box.com/s/06zgoeljrops67v7d4qh

Thanks again!
Hi!

Thanks. Some unexpected urgent personal work came up, so I'm afraid I'll be unable to complete this today. I will ensure that you will have it tomorrow by 6 PM EST. Hope that works for you. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand and that is alright. I will look for it tomorrow. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris, I just wanted to check to see how things were progressing with this as I know you said you'd have done today. Not due until 1/127 but I know you had planned on today. Just let me know so I know what to expect. Thanks so much.
Hi!

I am extremely sorry about the delay. I was held up.

I completed your assignment. Download from the following link: Click.

Please review and Accept.

Regards,
Chris
Chris Parker, Problem Solver
Experience: Master of Computer Applications (MCA). BSc in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chris, thanks so much! Are there any citations or references for this one? Just wanted to be sure that I added those if there were any at all. Thanks again!
No, there are no citations or references. I went through your material and answered based on what I know on this subject from earlier.

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is perfect, thank you very much! I appreciate your help. I posted another one if you're interested.
You are welcome. Another expert seems to be already looking at your question. Good luck.

-Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chris, what would be an argument or secondary discussion response to which I could reply to for this question. I had a reply to my post of the following:

"Very well written. I have a question though from the video on Nat Geo in which the man claimed that many casts and depictions of pharaoh’s show them being black was actually a more symbolic meaning they would bring fertile grounds rather than an actual representation of their skin. Its fairly well known that the Egyptians keep their royal blood line very close, often interbreeding with one another. The pharaohs also would claim they are descendants’ of the gods themselves so finding concrete data on just where they came from geographically would be very difficult."

I have not seen the Nat Geo video, but I can answer based on the above post. Does 6 AM EST tomorrow morning sound good to you? I will post by then.

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please thanks!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris Parker, Problem Solver