BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning.

Customer Question

The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.

At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.

The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.

Marketers are innovative when it comes to product positioning. They have to be. Analyzing and selecting a positioning strategy can mean the difference between success and failure for a new or existing product.

Product endorsers have been an integral part of marketing for centuries. Popular music has become a major part of ad campaigns. Song selection coupled with a product endorser for a multiplatform campaign is a way to differentiate from other brands. Two recent examples include the following:

•A popular brand of body wash upped the ante by using Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger, as the endorser who also sang a "Brazilian-inspired reinterpretation" of Duran Duran's Rio.
•Then, there is a shampoo company that launched a global brand campaign that features mega star Madonna and is the first of its kind using an artist of such stature to launch a global brand.

MAIN DISCUSSION POST: Due by Sunday

•Create a new consumer product.
•Define your target market.
•Select a song and an endorser for your campaign, and explain the rationale behind your choices.
•Discuss your competition and how you are both poised to compete and differentiate (3 paragraphs total for the post).
Your main post on the discussion must be submitted by Sunday.

INTERACTIVE RESPONSES: Due by Sunday

Select 2 of your classmates' posts. Reply to each with a critique of the fit between product, endorser, song, and positioning. Explain.

Your replies to at least 2 other student posts must be submitted by Sunday.

You will be graded on the quality and interactivity of your work. The use of unoriginal text and excessive quotes indicates a lack of comprehension and shows that you may not have mastered the concepts.

Submitting all your posts in one sitting, or within a compressed time period, will adversely affect your interactivity.
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
You can just accept this answer if you like. Thanks! BMW
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
If you accept for this one, you will pay just the $15 you wanted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k I do not see the accept button.THANKS

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just look at my bank statement I being charge twice for this statement.what is going

on.

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
I don't have anything to do with the money. You will need to get in touch with Just Answer customer service to ask them to help... Sorry!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

k

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unit 2 Brand-Building (DB) Penny Rogers Instructor Gloria Kray As I was struggling with putting pictures in frames I came with the idea about what type of frame would be better to use. I know that digital is the big thing now but people still like to put pictures on their wall. So, this is my new product. I am going to make a picture frame that is magnetic. Most frames you have to move little tabs, pull the backing, pull out the paper and padding before you can insert your picture. Access from the top or the bottom is a challenge and hard to get the picture in straight. I want to make the access from the side, with Plexiglas front and the side piece that comes off is magnetic and just goes perfectly back together. By using a magnetic strip for the tip you can create the hanging apparatuses and the frame will stick well to the nails, screws or metal hooks you put on the wall. My target markets will be Wal-mart, Picture Me Studios in Wal-Mart, Olan Mills, Photo shops and all Department stores such as K-Mart and Target or Big Lots. Women would love it to have frames that are simpler to load and stay together better, plus stay on the wall better. I feel that any photographer would like this type of frame to have in their studios for displaying their works of art and easier access to changing out pictures. You are going to laugh but the song I picked out was Photographs and Memories by Jim Croce. (Music & Lyrics, 2012). I chose Kodak for my endorser. Kodak is the top picture, equipment and accessories company I know. With their brand the market will spend internationally as well as nationally. Whether you are selling pictures, cameras, printers, or frames Kodak is the name. I chose Kodak because they stand behind their products, they have good service, excellent products, and name that everyone can remember. My competition would be like Cannon (Good product), Nikon and even Fugi but my product will stand out because Kodak stands out. They show great ad campaigns, they do ads that follow the season, they have great quality, and reasonable priced. Kodak has also been around a few more years than the others so they do know how to get it right. They keep up with technology growth and are a stable company. (Kodak, 2012) References Kodak, (2012). All about us. New Releases for Kodak. Retrieved from http://www.kodak.com/ Music & Lyrics, (2012). Photographs and Memories by Jim Croce. Retrieved from http://www.music&lyrics.com/
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes!!!

Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  BMW MD replied 2 years ago.
Do I have anything else open for you? I am not sure I have kept track... ? Thanks!