Brittany
Brittany, Professional
Experience:  AA/Accounting BS/Business

The Opposing Viewpoints in Context database at the University

Customer Question

The Opposing Viewpoints in Context database at the University Library provides a wealth of arguments to which you can apply your critical thinking skills. Find this database by logging into to the Library and selecting the Specialized Resources link under Library Resources. From the results page, scroll down to select the Opposing Viewpoints in Context link.

Resources: Appendix A and the University Library

Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints in Context that interest you and locate a set of materials from the database for each topic. If you choose school violence as one of your topics, for example, you might find a magazine article that argues that violence in the media causes school violence and a Web site that persuasively argues that violence in the media is not responsible for school violence.

Conduct a similar search for your second topic. When finished, you should have two sources per topic. You may use sources from any combination of the Viewpoints, Magazines, Academic Journals, News (use sources marked Editorial and Column), and Web sites database sections.

Utilize the form in Appendix E to critically analyze your four sources. Fill out one form for each source.

· Provide the title of the source.

· Provide the source citation. Locate the citation by clicking on the Source Citation link at the top of the page when viewing the source.

· Identify the principal issue presented by the source.

· Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

· Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

· Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.

· Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

· Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

· State one argument made by the author.

· Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.

· Is the author’s argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain how you determined this.

· Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.

Post Appendix E as an attachment.

I"ve already picked 4 articles, however I am having great difficulty with this assignment.

The Selling of Body Parts Exploits the Poor
The Selling of Body Parts Can Benefit the Poor

The Images of Beauty Are Unrealistic and Hurt Women
The Images of Beauty Do Not Hurt Women
Category: Homework
Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.

Brittany :

HelloCustomer Do you need this to be finished to turn in for tomorrow?

Brittany :

I should be able to get it to you by later tonight, possibly early tomorrow if that would work for you!

Customer:

yes :D ty. The sooner the better would be great. I'm not sure why I've struggled with this assignment.

Brittany, Professional
Experience: AA/Accounting BS/Business
Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.
Hi Customer,

I see you already accepted. That is fine for now as I will be able to get this for you. However, for future questions, JustAnswer allows you to view the answer prior to accepting just to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer! And by the way...Welcome to JA!!! I will look up those articles that you have listed and try to find them and use them. If I am not able to locate them is it okay to use something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes if you cannot locate them I am fine with something else. Yeah I realized after I hit accept. I am new to this lol.
Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.
That is fine! Completely understandable! Just wanted you to know for next time :) I found 2 of them so I will finish those two and look for the other two after that :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes thank you :D
Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.
Hi Customer,

I know that this is your final (and your first time working with me) so I just wanted to reassure you that I will have this for you tomorrow. I have finished the first two but it is late and I am going to go to sleep. I will wake up and finish the other two first thing in the morning. Just wanted to reassure you that it will be on time!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still waiting for a response.
Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.
Hi Customer,

Sorry it is taking so long...I will admit that finding the rhetorical devices and fallacies take me a bit longer than it should :) But I am finishing up on it shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you :D thats the part that had my stumped as well.
Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.
:) I dont know them all by heart so I have a list of each and I go through each one and say no, no, no, yes!!!! So its a slower process for me :) I am sorry its taking so long!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its ok :D I was doing the same thing, but didn't feel like it got me anywhere lol

Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much for your hard work!
Expert:  Brittany replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome! Sorry it was pushed to the last few hours. If you ever need help again feel free to request me through my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-brittany/

Just put "For Brittany" at the beginning of your question and I will answer your question as soon as I can. Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again :D