Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
32242116

Chris12/Due 1-6-2012/Need ASAP/Multiple Choice (5pts each) Letter

Customer Question

Chris12/Due 1-6-2012/Need ASAP/Multiple Choice (5pts each)
Letter Response
1. Group climate is similar to which of the following terms:
a. Group cohesiveness
b. Geographic climate
c. Barometric pressure
d. Positive climate
2. Evaluation, control, and strategy are examples of what:
a. Supportive climate
b. Defensive climate
c. Provisional climate
d. Spontaneous climate
3. Three examples of a supportive climate include:
a. Description, problem-orientation, and empathy
b. Problem-orientation, empathy, and strategy
c. Strategy, empathy, and equality
d. Equality, provisionalism, and strategy
4. Three examples of a defensive climate include:
a. Evaluation, description, and control
b. Evaluation, spontaneity, and problem solving
c. Neutrality, superiority, and certainty
d. Neutrality, superiority, and equality
5. Based on Western Culture, Albert Mehrabian’s work suggests that people derive meaning from nonverbal behavior based on all of the following EXCEPT:
a. Immediacy
b. Power
c. Responsiveness
d. Experience
6. All of the following are factors of interpersonal attraction EXCEPT:
a. Similarity
b. Mutuality of concern
c. Complimentarity
d. Proximity, contact, and interaction
7. Group cohesiveness results from all of the following EXCEPT:
a. Group composition
b. Individual benefits
c. Task effectiveness
d. Group climate
8. All of these are types of listening EXCEPT:
a. Hearing
b. Analyzing
c. Acknowledgment
d. Empathizing
9. Nonverbal cues that have specific verbal counterparts and are shared by all group members are defines which of the following terms:
a. Illustrators
b. Emblems
c. Adaptors
d. Regulators
10. Nonverbal acts that satisfy personal needs and help people adapt to their immediate environment are defines which of the following terms:
a. Illustrators
b. Emblems
c. Adaptors
d. Regulators

For the next five questions, you must select a television show that is at least 30 minutes or more (comedy, drama, reality – no news shows).
Indicate the name of the show here:
Then respond to the following questions (10pts each):
11. Based on the show you watched, name the type of confirming response you have witnessed and provide a SPECIFIC example of this response using dialogue from the scene/show.

12. Based on the show you watched, name the type of disconfirming response you have witnessed and provide a SPECIFIC example of this response using dialogue from the scene/show.

13. Based on the show you watched, name the type of non-verbal cue you have witnessed and provide a SPECIFIC example of this type of cue between the characters/participants using dialogue from the scene/show.

14. Based on the show you watched, name either a barrier or an indicator of effective listening. Provide a SPECIFIC example of the barrier or indicator that you named initially using dialogue from the scene/show.

15. Based on the show you watched, did any of the characters/participants have a hidden agenda? Define the term “hidden agenda”, describe its purpose as well as the scenario in which the hidden agenda was evident. If no hidden agenda was evident, describe a real life situation in which a hidden agenda influenced group communication. Describe the situation.

Here is the name of a textbook:
Communicating in Small Groups. Principles and Practices, Ninth Edition
ISBN: 9780205547210 Author: Steven A. Beebe, John T. Masterson
copyright © 2009 Pearson Education

Learning Team - Assignment

Final Learning Team Paper Outline and References
Prepare a 2 to 3 page formal outline covering the content to be used for the final paper.
Submit a reference page. The reference page must include at least three peer-reviewed articles per Learning Team member that will be used for the final paper. (See the Sample Outline provided in the Course Materials Forum)

Instruction for all team members:

Yes, all you have to do is break down the section you are doing, come up with the sub-topic for your major topic, provided references and I will put it all together. If you have any questions please reference the "Formal Outline" document under course materials tab.

Here is my part:

CONFLICT - What conflicts developed, and how were they managed? How does the team think conflict should have been handled? What percentage of the team’s time was devoted to conflict?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

Chris12 :

What time do you need this tomorrow? Is there any additional information to complete it?

Customer:

If you want the sample I can send it to you. It should be around 5pm pacific standard time.

Chris12 :

Yes, please send me the sample. Thanks for the time information.

Customer:

Here is the sample on Formal Outline for APA: http://www.box.com/s/xx3jq07f9u9tpcx93dgt and http://www.box.com/s/n0vpbexlhmf2cs95f1v8

Chris12 :

Thanks.

Chris12 :

I've got everything done except the conflict outline. I wasn't sure about the instructions and the content. What was the conflict about. What is the conflict based on, where did it come from because the first question talks about how the group handled it or would handle it. I was hoping to get feedback from you throughout the day because all the assigments are not completed yet. Also, my availability for tonight will be limited.

Chris12 : Customer

Chris12/Due 1-6-2012/Need ASAP/Multiple Choice (5pts each) Letter Response 1. Group climate is similar to which of the following terms: b. Geographic climate 2. Evaluation, control, and strategy are examples of what: b. Defensive climate 3. Three examples of a supportive climate include: a. Description, problem-orientation, and empathy 4. Three examples of a defensive climate include: c. Neutrality, superiority, and certainty 5. Based on Western Culture, Albert Mehrabian’s work suggests that people derive meaning from nonverbal behavior based on all of the following EXCEPT: b. Power 6. All of the following are factors of interpersonal attraction EXCEPT: b. Mutuality of concern 7. Group cohesiveness results from all of the following EXCEPT: c. Task effectiveness 8. All of these are types of listening EXCEPT: b. Analyzing 9. Nonverbal cues that have specific verbal counterparts and are shared by all group members are defines which of the following terms: b. Emblems 10. Nonverbal acts that satisfy personal needs and help people adapt to their immediate environment are defines which of the following terms: c. Adaptors

For the next five questions, you must select a television show that is at least 30 minutes or more (comedy, drama, reality – no news shows). Indicate the name of the show here: Kitchen Nightmares: Blackberry's Then respond to the following questions (10pts each): 11. Based on the show you watched, name the type of confirming response you have witnessed and provide a SPECIFIC example of this response using dialogue from the scene/show. Nonverbal confirmers: Chief Ramsey had a bad experience with the food at Blackberry's. The only thing he liked was the homemade dessert by the owner's mother. He was commenting to her about how good it was and she was giving him eye contact and smiles. 12. Based on the show you watched, name the type of disconfirming response you have witnessed and provide a SPECIFIC example of this response using dialogue from the scene/show. Engaging in other activities: At the end of the episode Chief Ramsey was having a meeting with the staff and the owner's mother. The owner was asked to join the meeting but she chose to ignore the invitation and work on the computer in her office. 13. Based on the show you watched, name the type of non-verbal cue you have witnessed and provide a SPECIFIC example of this type of cue between the characters/participants using dialogue from the scene/show. Facial expressions: During the first staff meeting to inform the owner of how the other employees felt, the owner showed a scrunched up face. The employee was basically saying that the owner is a control freak and it's her way or the highway. Things don't get done right because of that attitude. 14. Based on the show you watched, name either a barrier or an indicator of effective listening. Provide a SPECIFIC example of the barrier or indicator that you named initially using dialogue from the scene/show. Selective listening: The owner of Blackberry's wouldn't listen to the criticism from employees or from the customers. When the customers complained about the food not tasting right or not being cooked right, the owner would simply say her food is the best and move on. 15. Based on the show you watched, did any of the characters/participants have a hidden agenda? Define the term "hidden agenda", describe its purpose as well as the scenario in which the hidden agenda was evident. If no hidden agenda was evident, describe a real life situation in which a hidden agenda influenced group communication. Describe the situation. Hidden agendas are formed when an individual or group within a group has goals different from the goals of the majority. In this particular episode of Kitchen nightmares the hidden agenda was reverse and quite interesting. Chief Ramsey found a dead mouse at the entrance of the establishment and reported it to the owner's mother, and boyfriend. The owner's boyfriend accused Chief Ramsey of planting the mouse of television hype. In his mind and in the mind of the owner Chief Ramsey was out to make the show interesting and make their establishment look worse than it was. Result the Chief Ramsey almost quite the project completely.

Customer:

Chris, I will let you know within tomorrow (which is Saturday) about the CONFLICT OUTLINE. Please check back to the chat area more often.

Customer:

Hi Chris,

Customer:

Here is the information on the CONFLICT outline.

Customer:

All you have to do is to name 5 major conflict problems that my team has experience since from week 1 to week 3.

Customer:

We have 6 team members, but three different time zone.

Customer:

1. Time Zone conflict

Customer:

2. E-mail conflict

Customer:

3. Communication conflict

Customer:

4. We have two team members that has a different mentalities with the team leader. Thing like who will be in charge, one who dominate the other 2 team members, ideas conflict and etc...

Customer:

Just briefly describe each of the situation and perhaps you may come up with other detail answer.

Customer:

This is very URGENT and I am looking forward to your feed back answer.

Chris12 :

I'll have it to you by the end of the day.

Customer: Ok, thanks Chris.
Customer: Oh by the way, describe how we solve those issues.
Chris12 :

Okay.

Chris12 :

Here's the outline: http://www.box.com/s/74aamc4xzjxxsyvaqkr2

Customer:

If I need any changes or revision I will let you know within Monday. Please check the chat area more often.

Customer:

Chris, I just posted a new question. Please take over immediately and I just want to give you a head up that I will have more assignments to be post.

Customer:

I just accepted your answer.

Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris,

I need you to take over the new question immediately, since I will have more new post coming up this week.

Best,

Customer

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I'll get it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Chris.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chris, one of the question is due today and I need the answer immediately. Please check all of the post and reply back. This is a timely manner and very urgent.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris,

This is the one that I need to submit before 10 pm California time.

Here is the subject line:

Chris12/Due 1-11-2012/High Priority/Week 4 DQ: Each DQ warrants at least 400 words count, and you must provide an example for each DQ question.

Please response back in a timely manner, since this is VERY URGENT.

Regards,

Customer

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
My apologizes don't know why it didn't post.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Chris,

I notice that you did not answer the DQ1 and the DQ2 ? They are different from other questions.

Also, the DQ 2 that I post has the information for you to read and then response back with an answer.

Please take a look at those two DQ first and then you can persue something else later.

I will be waiting for your urgent feed back.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris,

Please check the main post and reply back to my four post.

This is very URGENT since some of the assignments are due within this week and I have not recieved your answer yet.

Regards,

Customer

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
You may not be aware but the site was down completely for almost two full days beginning on the 12th. I haven't logged out of the site because I don't know if I'll be able to get back in afterwards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for letting me know about the site were down.
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. It appears that the site is till having problems. Hopefully, if I save my page and come back I'll be able to log in, otherwise I apologize in advance for any missed work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem Chris. I will check back within a couple of hours to see how it went. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Chris,

This is very important and urgent.

Please check these posts, because I need the answer by Sunday.

Chris12/Homework/Due 1-14-2012/High Priority/Emotional Intelligence - Paper Write a 700 to 1,050 words paper. (I need the Emotional Intelligence Paper).

Chris12/Due 1-12-2012/High Priority/Conflict Management/Collaboration Quiz - Week 4 (Can you find out the answer for questions 21 - 24) ?

Chris12/Due 1-11-2012/High Priority/Week 4 DQ: (I need those 8 follow up questions to be answer).

Kind Regards,

Customer

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

The reason answers 21 and 24 were left blank is because the question listed some letters but didn't include what the choices were. I wasn't sure where to look for the answers.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris,

Actually the question 21 - 24 were asking you to fill in the blank. I believed each question has 4 blank answers that needed to fill in.

Regards,

Customer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chris,
Are you currently working on my Emotional Intelligence paper ????
Please provide feed back immediately.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THIS IS MY FINAL NOTICE TO YOU ABOUT THE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE PAPER. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO REACHED YOU BUT YOU DID NOT PROVIDED ME YOUR ANSWER. ALSO IF YOU THINK YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE ASSIGNMENT THEN YOU SHOULD LET ME KNOW AT LEAST 3 DAYS AHEAD SO THAT JUST ANSWER CAN FIND ME ANOTHER EXPERTS. I DO NOT LIKE THING TO BE DONE AT THE LAST MINUTES PLUS IT MIGHT BE LATE. I AM DEPENDED ON YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES BUT IT SEEM LIKE NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris12,

Please replied back to my urgent messages. I really needed your help with all those new questions.

I am waiting for your feedback status.

Truly yours,

Customer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Chris12,

I just wanted to ask you, are you MAD or ANGRY at me?

If you do, please accepted my apology. Since we have been working together for a long time and I love the way you provided the information and answer. Please forgive what I did or said before and could you reply back to my urgent messages. I would love for you to handle all of my new questions, because you knew what I needed and when I needed it.

I am looking forward to your urgent feedback.

Sincerely yours,

Customer