Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.

buisnesstutor i have two new books for accouting .et m,e know

Customer Question

buisnesstutor i have two new books for accouting .et m,e know if you can help wuith either, one is accounting information systems 11th edition by nancy bagranoff, mark simkin, carolyn norman. and the other book is concepts in federal taxation 2011 edition by murphy and higgins.
bobbo1229i
Category: Homework
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 2 years ago.

Hello bobbo

I probably can help with both, but do you have a link to the books' web sites?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i could not find a link to the websites for the books. will you still be able to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2012-01-09_224531_examples.docx

i have answered these questions already but here is an example of questions from the book. let me know if this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1wh771wk3t995wv

Hi bobbo

I could not open the first attachment, but I am not sure if you wanted help with those or what :) Please clarify

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry. i was send them as an example i put a link to mediafire so you can see what the questions are. i also have a timed assignment which is due thursday can you help with that. i also have another timed assignment that is due saturday. can you help with that.

Oh, ok :)

Yes, please send me the time (EST) to meet you here bobbo :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IF TONIGHT IS GOOD CAN WE DO 8 PM IF NOT TOMORROW 630 PM EST. AND THE OTHER ONE THURSDAY 630PM EST
Which class are we talking about bobbo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A TAX CLASS AND ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM CLASS. THE ONES FOR THE BOOKS I SENT YOU A FEW DAYS AGO.
Ok, better meet tomorrow then. Do you mean you have two timed quizzes? If yes, can we do them tomorrow anytime after 8:00 P.M.? And the ones on Thursday at 6:30?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THERE ARE TWO QUIZES ONE FOR EACH CLASS. TOMORROW AFTER 8 PM EST IS FINE.

Great :)

I will be here at 8:00 P.M. EST tomorrow

Please do not respond to this message as this would lock me out of replying
to other posts and cause a delay in getting back to you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am here let me know when you are ready
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
businesstutor let me know what time tomorrow you can do timed assignments.
I am here bobbo, are you still there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

is it still a good time for you

yes bobbo

I am sorry, I had people over and they did not leave until now. I really apologize for being late

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no problem, here is the link i have 30 min

http://www.mediafire.com/?jlaf2nyq80i010d

Sure :)

Which one is this? Until it opens up :) I mean which class?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
accounting information systems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
after the tenth question the answers srent there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i only have a couple minutes left. and i need 11-20 answerewed.

How did I miss those?!!!

11. An older computer system, typically using a mainframe, centralized data processing, and COBOL software, is often called a: (Points : 2)
Supercomputer system
Primary system
Legacy system
Traditional system

12. For performance reports to achieve their control objectives, they must: (Points : 2)
Include relevant information so that necessary action may be taken to accomplish organizational goals
Be timely so that minimal time elapses between an activity's occurrence and the feedback reflecting the activity's efficient or inefficient performance
Provide subsystem managers with suggestions as to how they can operate their subsystems more efficiently
all of the above
a and b only

13. The process by which a financial transaction is recorded so that its flow through the system can be followed is called: (Points : 2)
Financial shadowing
Managerial trace technique
Concatenation
Audit trail

14. Which of the following is a component of a client/server system? (Points : 2)
User Component
Satellite Component
Data-management component
Output Component

15. Which of the following is not a characteristic of the MICR? (Points : 2)
Flexible, which allows documents of many sizes
Is only machine readable
Magnetic strength diminishes over time
Pioneered by the banking industry

16. Which of the following is intended to solve the problem that financial data used in one application is not easily transferable to other applications? (Points : 2)
XMP
ERP
XBRL
XMLP

17. Identify which of the following accounting functions has been automated by most companies' information processing subsystems: (Points : 2)
Posting to ledgers
Recording journal entries
Preparing trial balances
all of the above

18. What is the first step to be performed by most organizations in their accounting cycles? (Points : 2)
Recording business transactions in a journal
Preparing a trial balance
Recording closing entries in a journal
Preparing transaction source documents
none of the above

19. The reason why processor speeds are not important to AISs is because: (Points : 2)
Most AIS processing is performed on weekends anyway
There are so many of them in the world today
Microcomputers are so inexpensive these days
Most computers are I/O bound

20. Mark-sense media is utilized by which of the following (Points : 2)
Optical Character Recognition
Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
Complete-Document scanners
Check readers

Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience: More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.

By the way bobbo

If you prefer to work with Neo, please tell me. I have noticed that you have been waiting for him

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no. he does my long answers becasue i know you dont like to do them. is that a problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i did that last semester. and it didnt bother you. is there a problem with him doing my long questions.

I am not sure which ones are you talking about :) I never said I do not like to do your long answers, I just advised you that I need 48 hours advance notice that is all :)

The only thing that I do not do is Papers (and so does Neo by the way :)

I just did not want you to feel I am forcing myself on you cause you are free to choose which expert to help you, but if you mean problems from the textbook, I can do those as well

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i had some problems a few months ago where you said you could not do and prefer to only do the timed assignments. becasue they took too long.

I think there is a misunderstanding on your part :) I never said I do not like to do longer questions, I only asked you for an advance notice. It bothered me last semester well not bothered me, it is more like I was surprised you started sending him your questions while we have been working together for some time, but again of course the choice is yours :) I thought that you were no longer interested in me helping you and I did not want to force myself on you

Oh, so that is why :) No, it was clearly a misunderstanding :) So you were not upset with me or anything? You can go ahead and send me all your questions just try to allow me enough time before the deadline that is all :)

In any case, please post the Tax questions :)

Mystery cleared :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you want the tax questions now. also for the homework questions are you able to just pull up the problem rather than me typing it out.

Yes to both :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is 30 min for this quiz. there are15 questions

http://www.mediafire.com/?7z8b6tyypf24862

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
great i was able to see all of these. the first one i was not able to see all the answers and i didnt get them in time. will 25 be good for both these test.

yes bobbo :)

How many did you miss on the first one?

You know with this one, I saved the solutions but then found out that I probably did not really save them and had to redo them allover again..GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:))

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only the first ten came up on the first quiz. im not sure what happened.

Very strange!! But don't worry, we will make it up

Thank you bobbo

Now for HW. If you want, you can address them to me and advise the deadline