Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
1470369

Hey Cher, was wondering if you had time to help me out with

Hey Cher, was wondering if you had time to help me out with my last exam?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi Amber!

Yes, I can help you out with your last exam. Do you want to send it now? Still Amer. History, right?

Just make sure to include the title and number, as you've been doing.

Thanks!
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Exam 007700 An uncertain Horizon American History

1. During World War II, the tide turned in favor of the United States at the Battle of
A. the Coral Sea.
B. Midway.
C. Okinawa.
D. Leyte Gulf.

2. Reagan embraced the idea that through tax incentives the private sector would shift its resources from tax shelters to productive investment. This theory is referred to as
A. neofederalism.
B. supply-side economics.
C. supply-and-demand economics.
D. deficit economics.
3. Under Franklin Roosevelt's Good Neighbor policy,
A. Cordell Hull favored continued military interventions in Latin America.
B. the Platt Amendment was rescinded.
C. American commerce with Latin America increased, but only slightly.
D. the collective security among the nations of the Western Hemisphere declined.
4. Among instances of corporate malfeasance in the early twenty-first century, the _______ scandal was the most shocking and economically damaging for employees and shareholders.
A. American Tobacco
B. Enron
C. WorldCom
D. Tyco International
5. TheXXXXXdecision in Bakke v. Regents of the University of California
A. ruled against the principle of affirmative action.
B. established the rights of students to appeal college admissions policies.
C. established the "red state-blue state" divide.
D. ruled in favor of affirmative action within specified limits.
6. During the 1950s, the advent of _______ created the largest and fastest-growing impact on American society.
A. television.
B. suburban communities
C. fundamentalist religion.
D. educational reform
7. Which of the following is true of the Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka?
A. It ruled that desegregation was a state issue, but that segregation was a federal issue.
B. It established that all citizens should have access to public education.
C. It ruled that segregation should proceed with "all deliberate speed."
D. It declared that segregated schools were inherently separate and unequal
8. Which of the following was the primary cause of the Balkan Wars conducted during the Clinton administration?
A. The UN peacekeepers' inability to stem ethnic cleansing
B. Muslim activism in Bosnia
C. The breakup of the former state of Yugoslavia
D. The rise to power of Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia
9. Which of the following was Eisenhower's most significant legislative achievement?
A. The establishment of modern Republicanism
B. The Highway Act of 1956
C. Increasing the minimum wage
D. The extension of Social Security benefits
10. Which of the following is true of the Truman Doctrine?
A. It established the Marshall Plan.
B. It ended the policy of containment.
C. It created the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
D. It amounted to an informal declaration of Cold War.
11. When postwar expansion slowed in the 1950s, an economic stimulus was provided by
A. increased consumer goods manufacturing.
B. the baby boom.
C. the construction of Levitt Towns.
D. Cold War spending.
12. During the turbulence of the 1960s, black activism focused primarily on
A. stopping the Vietnam War.
B. expanding voting rights.
C. supporting the nonviolent strategies of Martin Luther King, Jr.
D. expanding economic opportunity.
13. John F. Kennedy replaced Eisenhower's concept of massive retaliation with a _______ response strategy.
A. focused
B. massive
C. limited
D. flexible
14. During LynXXXXX XXXXX's presidency, which of the following legislative or executive measures banned literacy tests?
A. The Medicare Act
B. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
C. The Voting Rights Acts of 1965
D. The establishment of the Office of Economic Opportunity
15. The political purpose of the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 was to
A. roll back the provisions of the Wagner Act.
B. strengthen the Wagner Act.
C. implement NSC-68.
D. impose regulations on the steel industry.
16. Following on the successful activism of Cesar Chavez, Mexican American youths began to refer to themselves as
A. Los Hombres.
B. Chicanos.
C. Los Barrios.
D. Mexicans.
17. Which of the following statements is true regarding the Korean War?
A. Both Stalin and Mao expected the American response to the invasion.
B. Stalin was outraged by the North Korean attack on South Korea.
C. The Chinese armed and trained the North Korean army.
D. Stalin approved the North Korean attack in advance.
18. During the Carter administration, Zbigniew Brzezinski
A. tried to reverse the policy of détente.
B. tried to get Carter to roll back taxes.
C. rejected the adoption of the MX missiles to replace the older Minute Man missiles.
D. was directly involved in continuing the SALT talks.
19. During the McCarthy era, which of the following was (were) executed for allegedly giving atomic secrets to the Soviet Union?
A. Alger Hiss
B. Klaus Fuchs
C. Whittaker Chambers
D. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
20. The majority of states that did not ratify the Equal Rights Amendment were located in the
A. Southeast.
B. Northeast.
C. Midwest.
D. West.
alright here is the last exam for american history thanks , amber
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Amber.

I've started on the exam; just wanted to let you know.

I'll be back in touch when it's completed. No need to reply, as it sometimes makes me lose the answers I've done already.

Thanks,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Cher, passed with a 70 missed 6

Got 5,10,11,12,17,18 wrong the right answers were

5.D

10.D

11.D

12.D

17.D

18.A

exam 007700

The correct ones for exam 007686

1.B

9.C

10.B

13.C

Thanks again for your help!! Amber

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi Amber, and thanks very much for your accept.

Glad you passed, but sorry there were that many wrong! This was a tough test and without the study guide or textbook for me to read, difficult to find all the right answers online.

Thanks so much for letting me know the corrections; I like to know the info for myself and for the future.

It's my pleasure to help you!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Cher!! This is amber did u ever get any of my tests for child day care management? Thanks
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Amber!

So good to hear from you again!

I hope things have been well!

I haven't seen any from you for child day care management. I'll have to check the list. If you didn't sent the request through the system, I wouldn't receive any email notification; however, even if you request me through the system, you need to be sure to start your question with "For Cher Only".

When did you send them and did you include my name in the question?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did or so I thought... I sent it about a month or so ago... I'm not sure maybe I did it wrong.. The first exam is contemporary child day care exam # 003056... I don't remember how send you each question or the whole test. I don't remember how I did it last time..
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Amber.

If you sent it about a month ago, and it included my name, I would have received it, but if I never sent you and answer, I never received the question with the exam.

If you could open a new question starting with "For Cher Only", list the title and number of the exam and all the questions and I'll see if I have the resources for that one to send your answers.

Do you have a study guide you could send me through a link from a free file-sharing site? That would help!

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I opened up a new question for you only. Please let me know if u get it. Thanks
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Amber, I'll watch for it!

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Amber.

As of now, there is no new question showing in our Homework category from you, requesting me. Actually, there are no new questions showing in the system for you at all, at this time.

If you're having problems posting the new question, please let me know and I will help you.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I guess I'm not doin it right any help we be wonderful thanks
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Amber.

Go to this link: http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-cher/ and type your question in the white box under my picture that says 'type your question'; remember to begin it with "For Cher Only". Also, make sure you have enough funds in your account or the question won't post.

Let me know if this works.

Best regards,
Cher