FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher

1. Buddhists make up the majority of religious believers in:

1. Buddhists make up the majority of religious believers in: (Points: 5)
India.
Sri Lanka.
Pakistan.
Nepal.

2. Because of the high levels of rainfall found there, rice and jute production are concentrated in which portion of South Asia? (Points: 5)
Central Afghanistan
Bhutan and Nepal
Eastern India and Bangladesh
Southern Pakistan

3. The major factor influencing whether India will produce an agricultural surplus, or suffer a deficit, is the: (Points: 5)
availability of commercial fertilizer.
resistance of "Green Revolution" hybrids to insect pests.
amount of agricultural subsidies granted by the government.
timing and duration of the monsoon cycle.

4. The Chota Nagpur Plateau in northwestern India is the country's center for __________ production. (Points: 5)
iron and steel
cotton
wheat
electronics and computer

5. Following policy changes in the 1990s, Bangladesh doubled its exports of: (Points: 5)
garments.
automobiles.
computers.
rice.

6. Maoist rebels disrupted the political stability of __________ for several decades, until a ceasefire agreement was concluded in 2006. (Points: 5)
Bangladesh
Nepal
Sri Lanka
Pakistan

7. The largest component of the economy of the Maldives is the __________ sector. (Points: 5)
rice growing
electronics
phosphate mining
tourism

8. The largest ethnic group in Sri Lanka is the: (Points: 5)
Sinhalese.
Gujaratis.
Tamils.
Kashmiris.

9. Pakistan's largest city, and major port servicing the country, is: (Points: 5)
Islamabad.
Karachi.
Rawalpindi.
Dhaka.

10. The center of "Bollywood," India's thriving movie industry, is the city of: (Points: 5)
Mumbai.
Kolkata.
Chennai.
Bengalaru.

11. The south Asian city that has become a global hub for information technology, electronic goods, and software development is: (Points: 5)
Bengaluru.
Peshawar.
Kabul.
Lahore.

12. A plan to dredge the Sethusamudram Ship Canal has generated tensions between: (Points: 5)
India and Pakistan.
Bangladesh and India.
India and Sri Lanka.
Pakistan and the Maldives.

13. The majority of Muslims belong to the sect known as the: (Points: 5)
Sunni.
Shiites.
Kurds.
Alawis.

14. The Aswan High Dam was built as a result of the Nile Waters Agreement, concluded between: (Points: 5)
Egypt and Sudan.
Algeria and Tunisia.
Turkey and Syria.
Egypt and Israel.

15. The mountainous region running through northern Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia is the: (Points: 5)
Maghreb.
Rub al Khali.
Negev.
Sudd.

16. The only country in Arab southwest Asia named after a family is: (Points: 5)
Iraq.
Saudi Arabia.
Lebanon.
Syria.

17. The Gulf Cooperation Council is dominated by: (Points: 5)
Iraq.
Saudi Arabia.
Kuwait.
Iran.

18. Mesopotamia, the "cradle of civilization," is located in: (Points: 5)
Egypt.
Iran.
Iraq.
Syria.

19. Foreign workers comprise eighty percent of the labor force in: (Points: 5)
Iran.
Turkey.
Sudan.
Kuwait.

20. If quite unlucky, one might encounter a janjaweed while visiting southern: (Points: 5)
Sudan.
Turkey.
Oman.
Israel.
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to answer all of your questions but I would require them to be sent to me in several smaller groups. I cannot answer 20 questions in one thread. As a subscriber, you can send each question individually and accept each answer individually at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment.

If this is satisfactory, please start your questions with "FOR WEBLAW" I will give it my immediate attention
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
India.
Sri Lanka.
Pakistan.
Nepal.

Central Afghanistan
Bhutan and Nepal
Eastern India and Bangladesh
Southern Pakistan

availability of commercial fertilizer.

iron and steel
cotton
wheat
electronics and computer

Nepal.

Eastern India and Bangladesh

iron and steel
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
garments.
automobiles.
computers.
rice.

Bangladesh
Nepal
Sri Lanka
Pakistan

rice growing
electronics
phosphate mining
tourism

Sinhalese.
Gujaratis.
Tamils.
Kashmiris.

Islamabad.
Karachi.
Rawalpindi.
Dhaka.

Mumbai.
Kolkata.
Chennai.
Bengalaru.
Please remember to click accept for my last helpful answer
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer