Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris M. Your Own Question
M.S.W. Social Work
Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Chris M. is online now
1. Minutes should be: (Points: 5) written objectively
This answer was rated:
1. Minutes should be: (Points: 5)
written objectively and concisely.
destroyed after the next meeting.
written in the order of importance.
brief and general.
2. The correct procedure for conducting a formal business meeting is: (Points: 5)
your organization's bylaws.
the meeting planner's bylaws.
the American Society of Corporate Secretaries bylaws.
3. Successful meetings result from: (Points: 5)
participants making motions.
4. Examples of formal meetings include: (Points: 5)
annual and quarterly corporate meetings.
project team meetings.
social club meetings.
5. Examples of informal meetings include: (Points: 5)
monthly board meetings.
conventions for professional organizations.
quarterly association meetings.
6. Minutes, unlike notices, should be written in the: (Points: 5)
7. Common mistakes made by those preparing meeting notices include: (Points: 5)
using an incorrect format.
sending notices to incorrectly listed persons.
omitting location, day, or time.
giving too much detail.
8. The purpose of an agenda is to: (Points: 5)
select a meeting location.
list items to be discussed by the group.
control the discussion carried on by the participants.
decide who will facilitate the meeting.
9. The language style of minutes reflects the type of meeting held. This means: (Points: 5)
the more formal the meeting, the more informal the wording and tone of the minutes.
the more informal the meeting, the more formal the wording and tone of the minutes.
the tone must be objective.
the more formal the meeting, the more formal the wording and tone of the minutes; the more informal the meeting, the more informal the wording and tone of the minutes.
10. A common mistake made when sending meeting notices is to: (Points: 5)
leave the date blank.
use the telephone which is time-consuming with no guarantees that everyone received the same information.
omit the purpose of the meeting and include only the items to bring.
present the meeting notice at a formal meeting.
11. Meeting notices should include the: (Points: 5)
day, date, time, and location; and an agenda.
name of the committee or meeting group; day, date, time, and location; purpose of the meeting, and an agenda.
name of the committee or meeting group; day, date, time, and location; and a agenda.
name of the committee or meeting group; day, date, time, and location; purpose, any other applicable information, and an agenda.
12. The last paragraph(s) of formal and informal minutes should: (Points: 5)
be initialed by the president.
focus on the important business of the day.
give the date and time of the next meeting as well as the time of adjournment.
indicate the time the meeting was called to order by the facilitator.
13. A type of equipment that allows a facilitator to write, draw, or type to a board and print the information is a(n): (Points: 5)
electronic writing board.
electronic paging system.
14. An advancement in technology that allows a variety of people to come together for a meeting without being in the same location is: (Points: 5)
the World Wide Web.
a graphics presentation.
15. To make sure that attendees are prepared for a meeting, the meeting notice usually includes: (Points: 5)
the menu for the meal function.
an itemized list of the Board's expenses.
a list of materials to bring to the meeting.
the date of the next meeting of the Board.
16. Minutes that are written in chronological order are in the order in which the: (Points: 5)
business was conducted.
participants suggested topics.
topics were received.
reports were given.
17. For effective meetings, an agenda should: (Points: 5)
be distributed at least three to five days before the meeting.
not be distributed prior to the meeting.
include a review of past meeting minutes.
be posted in a public area prior to the meeting.
18. Materials such as __________ may be attached to an agenda. (Points: 5)
correspondence and reports
an outline for minutes to be taken
role of participants
19. Which example indicates the agenda items are written in parallel form? (Points: 5)
Treasurer's Report; Announcing Committee Chairs, Reporting Old Business
Treasurer's Report, Announcement of Committee Chairs, Reporting Old Business
Reporting the Committee on Credentials, Reporting Old Business, New Business
Report of the Committee on Credentials, Report on Old Business, Report on New Business
20. The format of an agenda will vary with the: (Points: 5)
length of the meeting.
guest speaker's topic.
circumstances of the meeting.
reading of the minutes.
Share this conversation
replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
Chris M. and 4 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
For LogicPro - Remote help"
Write 5 page on the struggle for civil rights in the United
Stem cells. Your friend had a spinal cord injury after a bad
Firewall Inbound and Outbound Rules, you are given a set-up
Is there an article that shows that people with bipolar
NOT GLENN PLEASE According to what I have read, the prose
I need help with Java HW, i finished it but their are still
A Personal Narrative, you are asked to write a personal
I'm trying to access the study answers from a specific tutor
Do you have the test answers to: 006036RR Electrical
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
46 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2016 JustAnswer LLC