Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

(TCO F) Hill corportations uses the weighted- average method

(TCO F) Hill corportations uses the weighted- average method in its process costing system. This month, The beginning Inventory in the first Department consisted of 700 units. The cost and percentage completion of these units in beginning inventory were Materials cost $9,100 - 80% complete Conversion cost $5,400 - 25% complete The ending inventory was 80% completed for materials and 805 competed for conversion costs. Required: calculate the equivalent units for conversion cost for the month in the first processing department
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

Some info is missing, such as how many units were started and how many were transfered.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hikll corporations uses the weighted average methof in its process costing system. This month, the beginning inventory in the first processing department consisted of 700 units. The cost and percentage completion of these units in beginning inventory were:

Materials cost $9,100 - 80% complete

Conversion cost $5,400 - 25% complete

a total of 7,000 units were started, and 6600 units were transferred to the seconf processing department during the month. the following costs were incurred in the first processinng department during the month
Materials cost - $96,700

Conversion Costs -$180,700 the ending inventory was 80% completed for materials and 80% completed for conversion costs. Required: calculate the equivalent units for conversion costs for teh month in thr first procsessing deparmtent.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Materials cost $9,100 - 80% complete

Conversion cost $5,400 - 25% complete

Materials cost - $96,700

Ques #1

The following overhead data are for a department of a large company.

Actual cost incurred strategic budget

Activity level (in units) 360 340

variable cost:

indirect materials $4,182 $4,148

electricity $2,536 $2,414

Fixed cost:

administration $6,540 $6,500

rent $6,310 $6,400

required: construct a flexible performance budget report that would be useful in assessing how well costs were controlled in this department

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Total Units to Account For = 700 units + 7,000 units = 7,700 units

Total Ending Inventory = 7,700 units - 6,600 units = 1,100 units

Equivalent Units (conversion) = 6,600 units + (1,100 units x 80%) = 7,480 units

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Maverick corportaions uses the weighted- everage method in its process costing system. Data concerning the first processing department for the most recent month are listed below:
units in beginning work in process inventory 400
Materials cost $6,900
Conversion cost $2,500
Percent complete for materials 80%
percent complete for conversion 15%
units started into production during the month 6,000
units started into production during the month $112,500
conversion cost added during the month $210,300

Ending work in process:
units in ending work in process inventory 800
percent complete for materials 70%
percent complete for conversion 30%
Required: calculate the equivalent units for materials for the month in the first processing department.

can you help me with this

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)