Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

5. (TCO 2) Which of the following pieces of information is

Customer Question

5. (TCO 2) Which of the following pieces of information is used in the implementation phase of the strategic marketing process? (Points : 5)
corporate return on investment
organizational charts and job descriptions
revenues associated with each point of market share
trends in past and current revenues for industry and competitors in total and by segment
possible cannibalization effects on other products in the line

6. (TCO 6) Which of the following pieces of information is used in a SWOT analysis, the first step of the planning phase of the strategic marketing process? (Points : 5)
corporate return on investment
market share for the product
trends in past and current revenues for industry and competitors

7. (TCO 3) The first decision in developing an advertising program is to (Points : 5)
set the budget.
state the mission of the advertising program.
identify the target audience.
select the appeal.
select the media.

8. (TCO 2) The proper blend of elements in the promotional mix depends on the type of product. The three specific characteristics to be considered are complexity, __________, and ancillary services. (Points : 5)
Risk
Size
Durability
Accessibility
Acceptability

9. (TCO 4) At which stage in the product life cycle would your promotional objective be to persuade the consumer to buy the product rather than substitutes? (Points : 5)
introduction
growth
incubation
decline
maturity

10. (TCO 2) The __________ can be used to inform prospective buyers about the benefits of the product. (Points : 5)
promotion channel
communication chain
marketing matrix
promotional mix
media mix

11. (TCO 8) Which of the following statements about the terms used for marketing intermediaries is true? (Points : 5)
The least precise terms used to describe marketing intermediaries are dealer and distributor.
A retailer sells to business markets.
An agent has no legal authority to act on behalf of a manufacturer.
A wholesaler is an intermediary who sells to consumers.
A broker is a synonym for a dealer.

12. (TCO 7) Price fixing is (Points : 5)
an arrangement a manufacturer makes with a reseller to handle only its products and not those of a competitor.
the practice of charging a very low price for a product with the intent of driving competitors out of business.
the practice of charging different prices to different buyers for goods of like grade and quality.
a conspiracy among firms to set prices for a product.
a seller's requirement that the purchaser of one product also buy another product in the line.

13. (TCO 2) Pricing objectives may change depending on (Points : 5)
the financial position of the company as a whole.
the success of company products.
the segments in which the company is doing business.
where the company is doing business by country.
all of the above.

14. (TCO 3) The ratio of perceived benefits to price is called (Points : 5)
the price-quality relationship.
prestige pricing.
value-added pricing.
value
value analysis.

15. (TCO 6) Market segmentation involves aggregating prospective buyers into groups that have common needs and will (Points : 5)
pay attention to marketing messages.
respond similarly to a marketing action.
be responsive to marketing research.
use the same payment methods.
go shopping on a regular basis.

16. (TCO 5) A company engaged in environmental scanning is (Points : 5)
taking into account the effect its marketing activities can have on plants and animals in our environment.
continually acquiring information on events occurring outside the organization to identify and interpret potential trends.
maintaining a time constant horizon in its strategic planning process.
maintaining retail customer databases.
requiring all employees to spend time outside the office to avoid the ivory tower syndrome.

17. (TCO 1) At the strategic business unit level, the marketing department provides leadership activities in (Points : 5)
talent management.
fiscal restraint.
look outward, keeping the organization focused on creating value both for it and for customers.
creating the corporate culture.
sustaining the means-end chain.

18. (TCO 1) Which of the following acts as a barrier to the development of relationship marketing? (Points : 5)
the large number of one-to-one relationships customers are asked to sustain
the large number of products on the market
the increasing number of retail stores that are closing
the changing regulatory environment
diluted cultural diversity

1. (TCO 1) Cole works for a company that requested all of its staff to purchase new toys and bring them into the office during the month of December for holiday distribution to families in need. Cole was excited about choosing some toys for this event, purchased several and brought them to work. After Cole dropped th
Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!