BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer

SSCI210-1104B-02 Sociology Assignment Name: Unit 5 Group

SSCI210-1104B-02 Sociology
Assignment Name: Unit 5 Group Project
Group Mates: Alvarez, Abel Bales, Lawrence Blackburn, Brittany XXXXX, XXXXX Carson, Monica Chapin, Nancy
Deliverable Length: Group discussion on Small Group Discussion Board; 2–3 page report
Details: A major producer of plastics in the United States is about to expand its business. As part of this expansion, it will begin to sell its products in Europe and Asia. In addition, it plans to open a plant in Asia. Jerry, the President and CEO, is concerned; he has heard many stories of companies that have tried to expand globally but operations either failed miserably or did not live up to expectations due to the cultural differences between workers and customers in each country.

Jerry has asked your group to research problems other companies have had with this issue and develop ways in which the errors those companies made can be avoided by his company.

Each individual in your group should select a multinational corporation or international nonprofit agency that has encountered these problems (this can be a previous or current employer of yours). Using the Internet and the library, research that organization to discover any cultural barriers that organization encountered and what its managers did to try to overcome those barriers.

Group Portion:

As a group, discuss the following points on the Small Group Discussion Board:

•Generate and evaluate reasons why people may not appreciate the cultural point of view of others. Use at least 10 references (including 3 from the textbook) as well as 3 sociologists' views.
•Discuss how appreciating cultural diversity affects peoples' ability to communicate effectively in the context of a multinational corporation or an international nonprofit agency. Feel free to add your own experiences as well as quoting others.
Please add your file.

Individual portion:

Based on the Small Group Discussion Board, each individual in the group should create and submit their own 2–3 page report.

The reports should:

•Be unique to each student in the group.
•summarize the group discussions and provide suggestions regarding the steps that the company can take and policies that can be put in place to help ensure the company's expansion is successful.
•contain discussion related to the 10 references and the 3 sociological references t were discussed as a group.
This assignment will be assessed using the rubric provided here.

Please add your file.

The following rubrics will be used for grading:

IP Grading Rubric

IP assignment response

Evidenced critical thinking and connection to real-world and assignment scenario applicability

Justified ideas and responses by using appropriate examples and references from texts, Web sites, and other references or personal experience

Adherence to assignment deadlines, length requirement, correct spelling/proper grammar, and properly formatted per APA style

GP Grading Rubric

Evidenced participation in the Small Group Discussion Board and the final assembly of the submitted GP deliverable.

Evidenced additional research supporting the student's contribution to the Small Group Discussion Board.

Comments on other group members' postings that serve to further the discussion, apply real-world examples, or lend to enhancing the clarity of the concepts

I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Submitted Files:Submit Assignment
Instructor Comments:

For this week's group assignment the ONLY thing each group member will submit is the individual portion of the assignment to the main submitted assignments area. As a group you will select ONE corporation or an international nonprofit agency. If for some reason your group needs to select more than one corporation or nonprofit that will be OK but it is easier for everyone if you select ONE corporation or nonprofit agency. If you select ONE corporation or agency then you can work together as a team to share materials and resources.

The individual portion of this assignment is like an IP and will be submitted to the main submitted assignments area. The individual IP portion of this assignment MUST be a 2-3 page paper with at least 3 references from the 10 references that your group worked together to collect.

I will be able to review and grade your participation in the group portion of the assignment by reviewing the small group discussion board. Please note that since this is a group project you are more than welcome to use the resources collected by your group in your individual portion of this assignment, in fact that is the whole point of the group component of this assignment. Otherwise this assignment is more like an IP in that the key component is the individual paper that you will submit. Please make sure your individual paper is in APA format.

Grading rubric for this assignment:

1) Gathered and or shared two sources for use in group project: 25/25
2) Discussed why people fail to appreciate the cultural points of others: 50/50
3) Discussed perspectives of at least one sociologist on this topic: 50/50
4) Summarize or shared content from discussion from group DB: 50/50
5) Discussed the steps Sealwrap could implement to successfully expand into a foreign market: 50/50
- APA mistakes - 5 points
Can I have this for you tomorrow, on Monday, please? Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YES!!! Can you have it by noon.THANKS

This is the last week 5 IP hope I get a good grade.

You bet! Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Do you have a company your group has chosen that I may use? And, is it just the individual portion that you need today? Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Individual portion. No one said anything about a company.THANKS

I chose to use Walmart. Here is your answer. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Silarmity Score is 71% It need to be 30% Can you do this for me .THANKS

Working on this now!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a A out this class.THANKS

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Next class on 1/2/12

Marketing Management.

Topics in Cultural Studies.

Sounds good to me! Have a great holiday if I don't speak to you before!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Congratulations by the way! :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.