Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Multiply Choice: 11. After I graded all fifty-five tests,

Multiply Choice:

11. After I graded all fifty-five tests, I created a set of numbers that represented students’ grades. These numbers were arranged in order from the highest score to the lowest score. The score midway through the set represents the _____.
mean
median
mode

12. When using statistical evidence, it is important that it was compiled by a disinterested source.
True
False

13. Statistical evidence must be recent enough to be relevant.
True
False

14. The size of the sample has little bearing on statistical evidence.
True
False

15. At times, arguments are bolstered, at least for a time, by irrelevant statistics.
True
False

16. Using large numbers of statistics in your writing is an excellent way to impress your readers.
True
False

17. When you cannot find a statistic to support your case, you should manufacture the appropriate numbers.
True
False

18. There have been instances in the past when false statistics were accepted as true and used by many different people to enhance their claims.
True
False

19. Semantic language depends on its emotional associations.
True
False

20. Even people’s names can have semantic impact, and, for this reason, some celebrities have been known to change their names.
True
False
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.