Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

1. My boss, Josie, is a great supervisor because she listens

1. My boss, Josie, is a great supervisor because she listens to each employee’s concerns and ideas. Josie is an example of a: (Points : 1)
a) Social schema
b) Stereotype
c) Person Schema
d) Prototype

2. Which of the following is NOT one of the stages of listening? (Points : 1)
a) Clearly hearing the message
b) Evaluating the message
c) Correctly interpreting the message
d) Responding if the message is important to you

3. The area of the Johari Window which represents information that neither you or others know about you is called the ________ area. (Points : 1)
a) Open
b) Hidden
c) Blind
d) Unknown

4. Lack of reciprocity in self-disclosure is: (Points : 1)
a) a sign that one person is considerably more shy than the other.
b) not necessary in order to form a relationship.
c) a sign that conflict may result if the relationship is ongoing.
d) a sign that emotional blackmail is occurring.

5. In interpersonal relationships, information is exchanged at two levels. These levels are: (Points : 1)
a) Deep and surface
b) Content and relationship
c) Intrapersonal and interpersonal
d) Personalized and syntactical

6. Which of the following statements is an example of what might be said during the attraction stage of a relationship? (Points : 1)
a) I never realized you didn’t like pets.
b) May I join you?
c) Wow, we have so much in common; I think I love you.
d) I’d like to take you to the play we discussed this weekend.

7. In order to obtain the most satisfying and positive outcomes in our significant relationships, we should: (Points : 1)
a) let our relationships develop organically; thinking about them too much usually leads to dissolution.
b) be most concerned about being caught in a contradiction by the other person in our relationships.
c) be committed and obtain the commitment of the other person in our relationship to work toward improving our communication with each other.
d) focus most of our relationship energy on those relationships we have had the longest.

8. Joan is a strong-willed person who has high control needs. She is often heard in her group meetings cutting others off as they make comments, talking over people, and strongly evaluating ideas presented by others in her group. Joan's communication style is: (Points : 1)
a) passive.
b) assertive.
c) aggressive.
d) passive-aggressive.

9. Dale, a minister, and his wife, Jan, had plans for a “date night.” An emergency arose with a congregational member. Dale calls Jan saying, “I know how much we were both looking forward to our time alone tonight. I just heard from Bill that his wife is expected to pass away before morning and he has asked that I be with him and Lois. I hate to disappoint you--could we move our date night to Friday?” Dale’s response is an example of: (Points : 1)
a) a poorly-stated empathetic assertion.
b) a poorly-stated assertion with consequences.
c) a well-stated empathetic assertion.
d) a well-stated discrepancy assertion.

10. What kind of assertive communication style is it when you first check the other person’s feelings before stating your own? (Points : 1)
a) Empathetic assertion
b) Basic assertion
c) Responsive assertion
d) Negative feelings assertion
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 4 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.