SmartTutor
SmartTutor, Graduate Student
Experience:  B.S. in Business Management w/ 3.49 GPA. Over 4 years of experience in tutoring variety subjects
35144139

1. With regard to the Indo-Pakistan dispute over Kashmir,

1. With regard to the Indo-Pakistan dispute over Kashmir, which of the following statements is most accurate? A. At independence in 1947, the Kashmiris voted to be part of Pakistan. B. The Simla Agreement of 1972 established the current line of control between Pakistan and India. C. The British sold the rulership of Kashmir to a Muslim prince. D. After a 1948 ceasefire ended a Pakistani invasion of 1947, Pakistan returned captured Kashmiri territory to India. 2. Which of the following was the main purpose behind the formation of the Arab League in 1945? A. To unite Arab opposition to the founding of Israel B. To establish a homeland for the Palestinians C. To unite all Arab countries under a single Pan-Arab state D. To create a Pan-Arab economic bloc to counter Western hegemony 3. In a/an _______ economy, the production of a wide range of manufactured products becomes more economically important than primary production and a service sector begins to develop. A. international B. production C. developing D. diversified 4. The last great empire centered in Southwest Asia was the _______ Empire. A. Mongol B. Roman C. Byzantine D. Ottoman 5. Mohandas Gandhi adopted his creed of nonviolence and respect for life from the religious doctrines of A. Islam. B. Buddhism. C. Sikhism. D. Jainism. 6. In reference to civil conflict in Sri Lanka, the expression "Tamil Eelam" translates as Tamil A. Independence. B. Homeland. C. People. D. Tigers. 7. With regard to British influences on India, which of the following statements is true? A. A primary objective of British rule was attaining food self-sufficiency for Indians. B. The British Indian Army was not expected to serve British interests beyond India. C. The British East India Company ruled India after a sepoy rebellion in 1867. D. The common name for the British Indian Empire was the "British Raj." 8. OPEC was formed in 1960 in order to A. coordinate the interests of producing countries by regulating oil prices. B. create a cartel that would control global oil supplies. C. negotiate the interests of OPEC member countries within the United Nations. D. enhance oil and natural gas production technologies among member states 9. Medinas capture the unique historical character and social patterns of cities in North Africa and Southwest Asia. Labyrinths of winding alleys and many kinds of souks are typical features. What are souks? A. Commercial areas B. Bordellos C. Sacred sites D. Ethnic quarters 10. Among the countries on the margins of the South Asian region, population growth and fertility are highest in A. Afghanistan. B. Nepal. C. the Maldives. D. Sri Lanka. 11. The 1959 Nile Water Agreement between Egypt and _______ led to the construction of the Aswan High Dam. A. Saudi Arabia B. Syria C. Sudan D. Libya 12. Among the most populous of South Asian cities, Karachi is located in _______ and Dhaka is located in _______. A. Bangladesh; Pakistan B. Pakistan; Bangladesh C. Bangladesh; India D. India; Pakistan 13. Sudanese violence against non-Arab peoples in the western province of Darfur has introduced the world to the term Janjaweed. What does this term translate to in English? A. "Paramilitary assassin" B. "Criminal bandit" C. "Devil on horseback with a gun" D. "Rapist assassin" 14. In India, the government favors the building of dams in order to A. reduce dependency on irrigation. B. invite foreign investment. C. provide systematic irrigation. D. reverse the effects of salinization. 15. What was Mustafa Ataturk's contribution to modern Turkey? A. He breathed new vitality into Turkish culture through religious reforms. B. He was instrumental in policy changes that gave Turkey membership in NATO. C. He began the process of turning Turkey into a modernized, secular state. D. He established a democratic, parliamentary government. 16. Which of the following statements is true with regard to Pakistan? A. Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was elected president in 2008. B. Between 1980 and the early 2000s, literacy rates increased only slightly. C. U.S. sanctions imposed on Pakistan after its nuclear tests were dropped in late 2001. D. General Pervez Musharraf seized power in 1999 to establish a democratic government. 17. In 1997, the year the Kyoto Protocol was endorsed by more than 120 countries, the top carbon dioxide emitters included Persian Gulf states such as Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. Among the top 10 emitters, which country ranked seventh? A. Bahrain B. United States C. Saudi Arabia D. Kuwait 18. About what percentage of the Indian population lives in the lower and middle Ganges river basin? A. 70% B. 60% C. 50% D. 40% 19. In the 1960s and 1970s under President Gamel Abdul Nasser, Egypt was a/an _______ state that developed more rapidly than the rest of North Africa. A. socialist B. capit
Category: Homework
Expert:  SmartTutor replied 3 years ago.

SmartTutor :

Please click "Accept" for my answers. Thanks! 1. B. The Simla Agreement of 1972 established the current line of control between Pakistan and India; 2. A. To unite Arab opposition to the founding of Israe; 3. C. developing; 4. D. Ottoman; 5. D. Jainism; 6. D. Tigers; 7. D. The common name for the British Indian Empire was the "British Raj."; 8. A. coordinate the interests of producing countries by regulating oil prices.; 9. A. Commercial areas; 10. A. Afghanistan; 11. C. Sudan; 12. B. Pakistan; Bangladesh; 13. C. "Devil on horseback with a gun"; 14. C. provide systematic irrigation; 15. C. He began the process of turning Turkey into a modernized, secular state; 16. A. Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was elected president in 2008; 17. B. United States; 18. D. 40%

SmartTutor, Graduate Student
Experience: B.S. in Business Management w/ 3.49 GPA. Over 4 years of experience in tutoring variety subjects