Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Hospitality Marketing and Advertising A Match the the term

Hospitality Marketing and Advertising A Match the the term in column A with its corresponding definition in column B 1-Brand A. seeking to obtain a higher price for a room . 2-Region B. Those geographical area from which customers originate. 3-Zero-base budgeting c. the name associated with products or services that conveys a specific perception related to the needs of consumers. 4-Survey D. The combining of more than one hospitality product or service into A single purchase item for a single price. 5-Advertising E. A budgeting concept in which no expenditure is justified just because it was expended last year. 6-Feeder market F. printed or spoken matter that calls attention to or praises a product or service publicly through media so as to make people want to buy it. 7-Public relations G. A promotion designed to create repeat business through an increase in the reward or payoff for multiple purchases. 8-Build H. A geographic subdivision within a country, often defined by natural borders. 9- packaging I. A marketing tool that’s the communications vehicle between your firm and current customers, potential customers, and the variety of other audiences in the marketplace. 10-selling up J. A structured research document designed to elicit consumer opinion, uncover facts, and gain insights on potential trends. B Multiple choices select the best answer. 1-Which of the following would be the best example of a realistic level of expectation for a business? A-A business promising a free stereo system to every customer who walked through its doors. B-A hotel giving a discount coupon for breakfast to overnight customers. C-An airline offering a “fly around the world for $150” promotion. D-A car rental firm advertising the rental of cars to “everyone.” 2-Which of the following intermediaries would be the best choice to help to organize a tour for a group wanting historical sites in Washington, D.C.? A-Travel clubs B-Travel management companies C-Incentive travel company D-Charter travel company 3. If a business wants to recognize and reward repeat customers, it might A. establish a VIP program. B. offer many new products to gain more revenue. C. make every effort to sell up when dealing with them. D. send them “special offers “that are high-profit items. 4. Which of the following is an example of a realistic objective for a hotel? A. Become a price leader in the city, maintaining a $50 margin over competition. B. Move from a #9 position on the competitive/market positioning grid to a #1 spot within a year. C. Increase the group segment from 35 percent to 40 percent of the hotels business mix. D. Increase all rates by 14 percent each month for a 12 –month period and maintain market share. 5. one way a hotel might create repeat business is to. A. have many in-house profit centers which charge premium rates. B. offer quality to the customer at a fair price. C. keep prices at a minimum for all services. D. send numerous direct mailings to all customers. 6. Which of the following is an example of a special-event package? A. A trip to California for the Rose Bowl B. A weekend gateway at a ski resort C. A “two-for-one” cruise package D. A spring cruise to Alaska 7. If your business is in the #1 spot on the marketing strategy grid, you should A. decrease prices to gain customers. B. create your own markets via specialized promotions and programs. c. enjoy the position and make no changes. D. Keep competitively ahead by adding services or upgrading product. 8. Which of the following businesses would benefit most by using a nationwide advertising campaign? A. Marriott Hotels. B. Sunset Motel in Bismarck, North Dakota. C. Dos Rios Restaurant chain California. D. Denver International Airport. 9. What information would be helpful when evaluating how your property is faring in relation to your major competitors? A. Revenue maximization techniques . B. Market share data. C. Adverting strategies. D. Budget summary. 10. The purpose of a SWOT analysis is to study. A. overall marketing strategies. B. the competition . C. internal company data on strengths and weaknesses. D. the difference between management and customer perspectives. Part C. short answer. 1-What steps should be taken if your property has been positioned on the marketing strategy grid as an average product in a strong market? 2-Explain the two categories under which intermediaries may be classified and give examples of each type. 3-What are points of encounter? Give examples of how a business can use these encounters to their benefit. 4-What is the purpose of anti-trust laws? Give an example of an area governed by such laws. 5-What are the major advantages of using the Internet as a marketing tool? Give two examples of how it can be used. Part D. Fill in the blank. Writ the correct answer to each question in the space. 1-The --------------is an item-by-item list of facts that support your proposition. 2----------------- are those products that have a small market share of slow-growth or declining markets on the Boston Consulting Group Portfolio Box. 3---------------- segmentation identifies groups of consumers within a market whose purchase of products or services is within the limits of certain dollar amounts. 4-------------- are the plans you use to achieve the objectives you have set. 5-------------- mail is promotional letters, advertising pieces, catalogs, and any other sales-oriented correspondence mailed to prospective customers. Part E. Essay Choose one and answer it completely. 1-What is the definition of packaging ? Describe and explain the all-inclusive package and the weekend package. 2-What is yield management? How does it relate to supply and demand?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Yvonne,

I'll post the answers to the separate parts as I go along.

1-Brand: C. the name associated with products or services that conveys a specific perception related to the needs of consumers.

2-Region: H. A geographic subdivision within a country, often defined by natural borders.

3-Zero-base budgeting: E. A budgeting concept in which no expenditure is justified just because it was expended last year.

4-Survey: J. A structured research document designed to elicit consumer opinion, uncover facts, and gain insights on potential trends.

5-Advertising: F. printed or spoken matter that calls attention to or praises a product or service publicly through media so as to make people want to buy it.

6-Feeder market: B. Those geographical areas from which customers originate.

7-Public relations: I. A marketing tool that's the communications vehicle between your firm and current customers, potential customers, and the variety of other audiences in the marketplace.

8-Build: G. A promotion designed to create repeat business through an increase in the reward or payoff for multiple purchases.

9- Packaging: D. The combining of more than one hospitality product or service into a single purchase item for a single price.

10-Selling up: A. seeking to obtain a higher price for a room.

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Multiple choice answers:

1. Which of the following would be the best example of a realistic level of expectation for a business?

B. A hotel giving a discount coupon for breakfast to overnight customers.

2. Which of the following intermediaries would be the best choice to help to organize a tour for a group wanting historical sites in Washington, D.C.?

D. Charter travel company

3. If a business wants to recognize and reward repeat customers, it might

A. establish a VIP program.

4. Which of the following is an example of a realistic objective for a hotel?

C. Increase the group segment from 35 percent to 40 percent of the hotels business mix.

5. One way a hotel might create repeat business is to.

B. offer quality to the customer at a fair price.

6. Which of the following is an example of a special-event package?

A. A trip to California for the Rose Bowl

7. If your business is in the #1 spot on the marketing strategy grid, you should

D. keep competitively ahead by adding services or upgrading product.

8. Which of the following businesses would benefit most by using a nationwide advertising campaign?

A. Marriott Hotels

9. What information would be helpful when evaluating how your property is faring in relation to your major competitors?

B. Market share data.

10. The purpose of a SWOT analysis is to study.

C. internal company data on strengths and weaknesses.

Hope this helps!

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok no problem thank you.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome! Glad to help out.