I'll post the answers to the separate parts as I go along.
1-Brand: C. the name associated with products or services that conveys a specific perception related to the needs of consumers.
2-Region: H. A geographic subdivision within a country, often defined by natural borders.
3-Zero-base budgeting: E. A budgeting concept in which no expenditure is justified just because it was expended last year.
4-Survey: J. A structured research document designed to elicit consumer opinion, uncover facts, and gain insights on potential trends.
5-Advertising: F. printed or spoken matter that calls attention to or praises a product or service publicly through media so as to make people want to buy it.
6-Feeder market: B. Those geographical areas from which customers originate.
7-Public relations: I. A marketing tool that's the communications vehicle between your firm and current customers, potential customers, and the variety of other audiences in the marketplace.
8-Build: G. A promotion designed to create repeat business through an increase in the reward or payoff for multiple purchases.
9- Packaging: D. The combining of more than one hospitality product or service into a single purchase item for a single price.
10-Selling up: A. seeking to obtain a higher price for a room.
Hope this helps!
Multiple choice answers:
1. Which of the following would be the best example of a realistic level of expectation for a business?
B. A hotel giving a discount coupon for breakfast to overnight customers.
2. Which of the following intermediaries would be the best choice to help to organize a tour for a group wanting historical sites in Washington, D.C.?
D. Charter travel company
3. If a business wants to recognize and reward repeat customers, it might
A. establish a VIP program.
4. Which of the following is an example of a realistic objective for a hotel?
C. Increase the group segment from 35 percent to 40 percent of the hotels business mix.
5. One way a hotel might create repeat business is to.
B. offer quality to the customer at a fair price.
6. Which of the following is an example of a special-event package?
A. A trip to California for the Rose Bowl
7. If your business is in the #1 spot on the marketing strategy grid, you should
D. keep competitively ahead by adding services or upgrading product.
8. Which of the following businesses would benefit most by using a nationwide advertising campaign?
A. Marriott Hotels
9. What information would be helpful when evaluating how your property is faring in relation to your major competitors?
B. Market share data.
10. The purpose of a SWOT analysis is to study.
C. internal company data on strengths and weaknesses.
Ok no problem thank you.